God Damn All These Pseudonyms!!

v404
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

God Damn All These Pseudonyms!!

Post by v404 »

Don't get me wrong, I understand that you're going to run into the occassional legal technicality or style conflict but generally speaking I wish artists would stick to one or a few (read 2-3) names.. Its hard enough to keep up w/ all this sh!t seeing as how it comes from every corner of world. Labels, Artists, & whatnot.. I guess this is really just a silly rant but it would help out tremendously if people didn't change names for nearly every release..

Alright I'm done..
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

I think aliases are a way to stay anonymous, which was one techno's motto at it's beginning.
daedum
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by daedum »

pheek wrote:I think aliases are a way to stay anonymous, which was one techno's motto at it's beginning.
i totally agree. In some sense it sets up the whole genre for commerical failure. Which is good isn't?
---> My album is out now on Beatport and iTunes. <---
isa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by isa »

daedum wrote:i totally agree. In some sense it sets up the whole genre for commerical failure. Which is good isn't?
me too! i think aliases rock so much. and i know for sure some people do it because they never find a proper alias they really love for a long time. for fans is a pain in the ass i know, i suffer from that also :wink:
daedum
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by daedum »

Wolfgang Voigt from discogs:

Wolfgang Voigt / artists (W)

Aliases: All, Auftrieb, Brom, Centrifugal Force, Crocker, Dextro NRG, Dieter Gorny, Digital (2), Dom (2), Doppel, Filter, Freiland, Fuchsbau, Gas, Grungerman, Love Inc., M:I:5, Mike Ink, Mike Ink & The Chain of Brotherhood, Mint, Popacid, Riss, RX7, Split Inc., Strass, Studio 1, Tal (2), Vinyl Countdown, Wassermann

In Groups: Atlantic Trance, Best Boy, Biosphere #1, Burger / Ink, Destination Moon, Dog Star Man, Electrochic, Formicula 4, Golden Age Of Adventure, The, House Of Detroit, House To House (2), Lovecore, M*A*S*S*H, M.F.A., Music For Assholes, Pacific 231, Planet Love Ink, Planet Lovecore, Science Wonder, SeventySeventySeven, Stardate 1973, Stardiver, Structure, Third Electric, Thranx!, Voigt & Voigt
---> My album is out now on Beatport and iTunes. <---
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

Cari Lekebusch:

Aliases: Agent Orange, Braincell, Cerebus, Crushed Insect, Fred, Fred To The Midwest, Kari Pekka, Magenta, Mr. Barth, Mr. James Barth, Mystic Letter K, Phunkey Rhythm Doctor, Rotortype, Rubberneck, Shape Changer, Sir Jeremy Augustus Hutley Of Granith Hall, Szerementa Programs, Vector, Yakari
In Groups: Audio Mekcanicks, Cari Lekebusch & Thomas Krome Mot Den Osynliga Handen, Cre8ors, Kozmic Gurt Brodhas, Lotus Eye, Parallax (3), Puente Latino, Pump Panel, Steady Motion, Strong Accents, Two Basement Boys
:)
spalalaps
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by spalalaps »

I think using too many monikers most of the times creates the adverse effect: rather than being a way of keeping you anonymous, it brings you to the centre of everyone's attention.
((les temps ont changé))
((dépêchez-vous))
brianc
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brianc »

It doesn't seem to me like the pseudonyms really provide any sort of anonymity. Most of the time, you don't even need to spend the 2 seconds it takes to look someone up on discogs, because their real identity and other aliases are usually listed in the release notes anyway.