WHAT DO YOU LIKE & WHAT DONT YOU LIKE ABOUT THIS SECTION

Post by isaaclevy »

start here:
Daemonix
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Daemonix »

I dont like topics with ALL CAPS......

PS: I like everything and especially the people of this forum.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

Daemonix wrote:I dont like topics with ALL CAPS......

+1
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
isaaclevy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by isaaclevy »

so sorry about the caps....
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

+1
and stupid posts! :roll:
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
Brankis
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Brankis »

the forum has gotten better... i used to lurk on here for a long time without posting cause it seemed so hostile. things have calmed down a bit

if anything, we could have more detailed discussions about certain things. such as cool effect combinations that we've come up with or mastering chains, new plugins that we come across... being more specific about things though as opposed to generalized communication
Spurn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Spurn »

+1

i lurked for a few weeks, mainly because im a huge noob towards production and really just wanted to soak up as much info as i could. and this section is definitely a good place to get info. ive spent countless hours researching gear suggested on this forum and reading other ppls opinions/experiences with gear.

but i guess moreover what i learned was that when choosing some gear it really just comes down to personal preference and what/how you want to express yourself creatively. one person says they hate this piece of kit and another loves it and gets so much out of it. one mans trash is another mans treasure kinda thing i guess.

so.. to answer your question i like that i learned stuff.
i just hope in time as i learn more and become more confident in developing my music/my sound that i can give back as well someday.

anything that ive disliked ive just ignored, its not that serious.
:)
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

i think it is just great the way it is. good people good info and some standards to keep stupidity at a minimum and to promote originality.

Sure occasionaly someone is harsh but if you cant get past that as a person and you get your feeling hurt by the internet you have bigger problems than learning how to make that drum noise. The only time people get harsh is when someone appears to have no interest in trying to figure anything out on their own which can be anoying when so may of us spend so much time trying to figure things out on our own.

If anything I think ansewring a stupid question with "turn the knobs and ficgure out how a synth works" is a perfectly acceptable answer and would make that artist better if they actualy folowed the advice. Also without tough love this section would be oeverflowing with silly questions on how to plagerize a sound rather than tips on techniques you can use to make your own sounds.

But yeah. very knowledgable people here and even though we may act elitist when someone has a real question that is deserving of an answer then this section is probably the best chance of finding the answer.