Question about kicks

- ask away
mnj
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mnj »

Operator kicks can only take you so far. I defy anyone to recreate the attack phase of an 808 kick with operator. the closest you can get is a lowpassed 808 sound.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Torque wrote:
If you want to be mad about everything still you can go right ahead but you're wasting your breath on me brother cause i just don't even care that much.
I'm not mad about anything, I just took offence about the whole 'self-creation' thing and the way it seemed 'crucified' by the availability of sample cd's and the idea that people cannot or will not have the insight to even try to create sounds for themselves. (-)

Love bro! :P
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

i like my analog drum synth. i can make a wide range of different kicks and it's easy. before that i used samples or my EMX.
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

tone-def wrote:i like my analog drum synth. i can make a wide range of different kicks and it's easy. before that i used samples or my EMX.
Can I ask what drum synth that is?
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

Vermona DRM-1
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

tone-def wrote:Vermona DRM-1
:shock:

very nice machine
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
northernlight
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by northernlight »

tone-def wrote:Vermona DRM-1
What MK version?

How do you sequence it?

How long do you have it, and can you recommend it?

I'm thinking of buying one, but no one near me owns one, and no shops have them in stock. So I cannot try before buy.
Is it fun to play with, tactile, hands on etc? I love stuff like the nord leads that have immediate control.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

I've got the mk3 and i've only had it for a few weeks. it has no sequencer so you need something else to trigger sounds via midi. i've connected a korg electribe to it for sequencing but it's not ideal as you can't trigger some of the sounds. I prefer to sequence in Logic anyway.

there's no automation which i'm really enjoying and the sound is just awesome. you only get 8 sounds but you can tweak them in so many ways. I would recomend it if your looking for something analog which isn't an 808 or 909. it's better when you start making tracks with it rather than just playing with it on it's own.

i got mine from here http://www.thomann.de