Troy Pierce @ Petrol (Antwerp) (20-03-2009)

- dj/live pa

Moderators: John Clees, Benjamin Fehr, Tim Tor, Thomas Melchior

BeatBoxBaby
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by BeatBoxBaby »

I hope you've heard more from Troy (and Co.) than this set, and if you give it another thought, you'd find judging him on the basis of this specific one is rather unfair. I really like what these people put together most of the time, and still after my earlier outburst upon hearing the old house track, having listened to the entire set, I felt some disappointment in the selection of tracks... I'd suggest you listen to his Minitek Set instead, and think once more... I think you'll like that one. :P

Or for Zip-like music, check out Magda's Army Of Us, Steed-Liege, Belgium (10-09-2004) set!

Not that I find anything wrong with Zip or Sammy Dee. In fact, they would surely blow off the heads of drugged audiences! :D :D :D

Loved this one: Zip & Sammy Dee @ Betalounge (22-05-2000) for example. Not even noticing the date of the set until listening to it for more than an hour or so! :D
...:::I Looove this Place:::...
hotpace
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hotpace »

Bodysnatcher wrote:
infernal.techno wrote:
Bodysnatcher wrote:Can anyone confirm if its the typical drug music Troy plays.
isn't that all edm? :P
I just can't believe the sht these guys can get away with playing... Its horrible. How do people pay for it?

Troy Pierce, Magda, Marco Carola... its horrible druggy music.
You do realise lots of people take drugs don't you? Troy and Magda have blown me away many times! This mix is poor though except for the last 15 mins or so.
Bodysnatcher
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Bodysnatcher »

I saw Troy Pierce live last year in Berlin... he was horrible. Then I checked out Zip at Panorama Bar a few months later and he was playing all sorts of funky sh!t. Chicago stuff, Detroit house, some minimal stuff and he was playing records!

some of the effects Troy was doing was garbage my friend. GAAAAAARR-BAGE!!
Nordin
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Nordin »

Bodysnatcher wrote:I saw Troy Pierce live last year in Berlin... he was horrible. Then I checked out Zip at Panorama Bar a few months later and he was playing all sorts of funky sht. Chicago stuff, Detroit house, some minimal stuff and he was playing records!

some of the effects Troy was doing was garbage my friend. GAAAAAARR-BAGE!!
The Dude: Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
robertito
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by robertito »

usually troy pierce's sets are nice, this one isn't, actually it sucks..
minimalwyte
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minimalwyte »

Bodysnatcher wrote:
Can anyone confirm if its the typical drug music Troy plays.

isn't that all edm? Razz

That's hilarious!
Vito
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Vito »

ha drug music 4ever ;) ;)

how silly :lol:
Beethovan acknowledged the visionary qualities of his music,saying those who understand it are freed from the miseries which others drag around with them....
Jermack
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Jermack »

malle eppie wrote:
b-ran wrote:
hotpace wrote:Theres a diabolical trainwreck mix during this!
about 40 minutes in? really awful, seems like he didn't even try to fix it. i had to close the set...i like what he's trying with effects and stuff but track selection was awful and that trainwreck made me delete it haha
but that track @ 40 minutes is quite sick btw :shock:
Kinda funny cuz I was at M-nus in Miami, it was Thurs. of WMC so it would have been the 26th... And I do recall Troy having a major Technical glitch roughly 40 min. into his set. During that "Dieing Dog" track which is sick, its funny too cuz I recall him just going right into the facked uo channel, like he wasn't hearing it in his monitor, then it was explained to have been the mixer? Anyways uncanny if it happened exactly the same way twice in less than a week... But honestly even if I DL'd this set I don't think I could say whether or not it was WMC that was the quietest M-nus party I've ever been too...