[CADENZA30] Digitaline - “Tapadaka Ep”

- wax
djBounce
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

[CADENZA30] Digitaline - “Tapadaka Ep”

Post by djBounce »

Review
Returning to Cadenza following last year’s self titled EP, Digitaline focus their eclectic influences toward two seamlessly executed minimal techno tracks. In fact, the term ‘executed’ is apt considering member Laurent Bovey’s history as a drummer for a Swiss grindcore outfit. Focusing his attention onto techno, Laurent teamed up with Gregory Poncet of Lausanne based post-rock bands Parazit and Machnick with the sole intention of making us dance. Hard. It was worth the shift. Combining both the masterful dissonance and subtle developmental structures of their previous disciplines, these two compositions effortlessly transcend the mould. Title track “Tapadaka” layers scraped flint percussion over penetrant kick and deep tom rhythms. Igniting with intermittant stabbed synth and pulsed bass harmonies, swooping tonal attacks loom high in the mix, dizzying both composition and listener alike. Elemental and direct, there is a deft intelligence to the ascent from ‘kick and click’ to feral fireside festivity. Shifting between being lost in the moment and lost alone in the wilderness, there is an air of unpredictability to the prodding keys and pouncing pads that hints at something sinister afoot. On the flip, an understated EBM influence underlies the central percussive pattern in “Strippy Trippy”. Drippy metallic tones chime above stuttering snare and punched kick as vocal samples whisper between the beats. Aquatic synth melodies swim in and out of the mix, arpeggiating and decaying like ghostly apparitions as the track plunges deeper into the abyss. “Tapadaka” is an inventive and seasoned

CADENZA30 in the media
2000 and one (Intacto): “been fan of digitaline since their debut. they always manage to find the right combination between sci-fi sounds, melodies and groove. they did it again!”
Dj= Deep (Deeply Rooted): “I like the deep and funky groove of A1”
Karotte (CocoonGreat Stuff): “mir der gefällt der a-seiten track. coole techy cadenza nummer für die morgenstunden.”
Karotte [Cocoon, Great Stuff]: “Mir gefällt der a-seiten track. Coole techy cadenza nummer für die morgenstunden.”
Sebo K (Mobilee): “the a side is the one for me. will play for sure! ”
samples: http://www.wordandsound.de/play/play.m3 ... leid=55939
vermi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by vermi »

will probably get this, just as with all the other stuff from digitaline :)
Dragonsand
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Dragonsand »

I love them!

I'll buy for sure
Pompelmoessap
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Pompelmoessap »

Just the stuff we need these last times :-)
Hugues31
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Hugues31 »

Always great stuff with digitaline !!!
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

thats great news! Been listening to their music in the last days, so its a strange coincidence to see this get here just in good timing.
A-Dreamer
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by A-Dreamer »

class A stuff
mindful matters
soundcloud.com/son-der
Dragonsand
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Dragonsand »

"Laurent Bovey’s history as a drummer for a Swiss grindcore outfit."

wow, shocking :shock: lol

I can't stop listening to the B-side, that's just awesome.

I love artists who are not very prolific but who NEVER disappoint.

(Tapadaka, replace the A by the U and you've got a funny childish insult in French... :lol: )