- wax
JayBliss
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

[immd 13] Hermannstadt Collective - Ephedrine EP

Post by JayBliss »

Artist: Hermannstadt Collective
Title: Ephedrine EP
Release Date: August 11, 2008 (Immigrant) // August 18 (Beatport/Juno/Whatpeopleplay)
Label: Immigrant Digital
Cat No.: IMMD.013

Just over halfway through the year, we Immigrants are just getting into our stride and are ready to introduce you to yet more unheard talent. Hermannstadt Collective, aka Jay Bliss, Mihai Popoviciu and Baila Radu aka ToyGUN hail from Romania and are more than ready to step up to the task of representing the talent their country has to offer. Already they are familiar faces on home turf, owning Romania's first house and techno records shop - Electrique Boutique - and with releases on Pale Records, International DJ Gigolo and Deeper Sounds between them.

We love the sheer quality of this EP. A truly peak time remix comes courtesy of Athens based Mr. Statik - these boys may be relative newcomers to the scene but they're sure making their presence known. Enjoy.

Solomun (Diynamic / Dessous)
i like the track " tension " really much!!

Jeremy P Caulfield (Dumb Unit /Trapez)
I like the MD remix and will play

Mark Henning (Soma / Trapez / Foundsound)
i like the remix :)

Kreon (Cecille / Resopal / Below)
Fresh house... Excellent release...!!! Well done guys...

Mazi (Gourmet)
On first listen I really like the vibe of Ephedrine's original mix; the lush chords and retro-futuristic house approach fit right in with the Francois Dubois and Manuel Tur's of the modern world. Can't wait to try this out and see how it slams on a system! I imagine the Mr. Statik version would work better in more stripped down sets; plenty of those going around so I'm sure to get mileage out of that mix too. Tension and Space Taxi are both dope; they bring back memories of KMS and Prescription's earlier outings.

Noah Pred (Thoughtless)
some bona fide nostalgic tech-house here! 'ephedrine' is the one for me with its cool stabs and big, bouncy sub-bass. please send hi-res... =)

Dave Mothersole (Deep XPerience)
i like space taxi - good track.

Xpansul (Ovum / Soma)
Ephedrine is amazing stuff, long live techno! :) The remix is just as good. Tension is again really nice, that old school tech house vibe just got me. And Space taxi agains takes me back to my beloved 90's, sort of spacey tech house like Soma records used to do. FULL SUPPORT!!

Tyler Stadius (Fabric)
Loving the "Tension" Track here. Jacking beats! I'll play this one for sure.

iDJ Magazine (UK)
Immigrant Records are having a fine 2008, as another wicked four tracker, rolls into the stores. 'Ephedrine' is deep and funky with a subtle old school Detroit style hook, and is remixed by Mr. Statik, who keeps the feel of the original whilst toughening up the kick, stripping down the hook and adding a delicious, rolling bassline. Two more original tracks from the Hermannstadt Collective complete the package with 'Tension' and 'Space Taxi' both guaranteed floor fillers for the funkier but more discerning crowds. K1 ****

Rob Warner (Ourhousemag)
Really nice stuff. The main tune on it sounds awesome...

Already charted by:
Solomun - RA August 2008 Top 10
..... 6. Hermannstadt Collective - Tension [Immigrant Records]

Angel Molina June - August 2008 chart
..... 04. Hermannstadt Collective | Immd 013

Beatport link : https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/con ... hedrine_ep
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

I like Tension!
PETER PANN
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PETER PANN »

great stuff
the fisherman fish fish
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

PETER PANN wrote:great stuff
No, it's not out on Great Stuff, it's on Immigrant !!

-smurf
Coyu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coyu »

Very good stuff ;)
Hugues31
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Hugues31 »

Yeah Tension is real nice track, good groove !
ninu
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ninu »

very nice release
tension is my favorite
slevin
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

feelin it

Post by slevin »

Tension for me as well. Tight tight stuff. Here's the way I look after listening: (-)