Post by MarcusVector »

ARTIST Tom Dazing
TITLE Motion Sickness EP
LABEL ToysForBoys Records
FORMAT 12” / download
RELEASE DATE august 2008
CAT. # TFBR016
DISTRIBUTION Neuton / Beatport

Belgium’s Tom Dazing returns to ToysForBoys for his second EP on the label, with two tracks of growling, fuzzy madness, plus a remix from Tim Xavier. Since 2006’s Intenze EP, the 23-year-old DJ/producer has also released on other labels such as Marco Bailey Selektions, Heimatmelodie, and Coincidence Records.

“Motion Sickness” is crafted to take the dancefloor on an unsettling ride, with undulating waves of distortion and pangs of dissonance. Those with sensitivities to beeps and clicks are advised to stay away from this track. Keep your barf bags handy! This one is also featured on Bloody Mary’s brand new Toys For Boys mix CD Tanz mit mir (TFBCD02). The snappy beat of “Cappadoras” is slightly more straightforward, but its layered syncopations of rhythm and melody always keep things interesting.

Providing a rougher and rawer take on “Motion Sickness” is Tim Xavier, who recently relocated his studio enterprise Manmade Mastering from Brooklyn to Berlin, and is also half of the duo Afternoon Coffee Boys (Clink Music, Cocoon) along with Tony Rohr. This jack-of-all-trades also runs his own labels Klickhaus, 773 Tekno, and LTD400. ToysForBoys was thrilled by hearing the results of Mr. Xavier’s remix: with its dirty, propsultive bass thump, combined with those swelling surges of fuzz, this track is a vacuum cleaner and you’re a tiny speck of dust. Watch out!

Tracklist:
A1 CAPPADORAS
B1 MOTION SICKNESS TIM XAVIER REMIX
B2 MOTION SICKNESS

PRELISTEN
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

The Tim Xavier remix is superb, dirty beats, like it a lot :) Nice work again, Tompie.
.camea.
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by .camea. »

the Tim Xavier remix is huge, been getting a great crowd response all summer with it!
alexx.wolfe
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by alexx.wolfe »

dont like so much the bassline of cappadoras...motion sickness (original) is the one for me! seems like a great track ; )

Congarts 8)
cikytheoriginal
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by cikytheoriginal »

I love this label ! I love this man !!
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

great xavier remix!
D4RKFORCE
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by D4RKFORCE »

I like the 2 originals and the remix! Great 12" thumbs up :wink:
hyperlite
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by hyperlite »

Congrats with your new EP T Diddy! :P First one is too "puut puut" for me, so I'm going for Motion Sickness and Tim Xavier did as well a great job with it.