HELP WITH MY BASSLINE (COMPRESSION?) SAMPLE INCLUDED

- ask away
Doppio Malto
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Doppio Malto »

Cheers guys, you have been great help.

I stuck with the sine wav, created a little cut around -100-80 hz for the kick and made a further 2 sine wavs, one an octave higher and one lower, but i reduced the sustain a fair bit so they weren't dominant, just present.

Definitely getting there!!!

I also shaved -130hz onwards off the kick, again, worked wonders!!!

I will post the semi finished track later!!!
Doppio Malto
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Doppio Malto »

Here the track, not sure on the string. bit false sounding.

http://media.putfile.com/Just-a-glimpse
unsaturated
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by unsaturated »

What's wrong with that noise? Sounds pretty damned good here.

I get a lot of milage out of sine bass that's also bussed to an overdrive (a little goes a long way) and a low-cut after the drive. Then mix that bus down until it just barely warms the bass up.

You could also use drive before a filter on the main out.
_Mark
Doppio Malto
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Doppio Malto »

ohhh, no .... i have improved the sound quality greatly, it was a much fuzzier state of affairs yesterday morning.

Improved her a lot!
cycopath
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by cycopath »

I really like your track! I'm making my way slowly up the steep learning curve of producing (just bought my first pair of monitors!). Got some questions if you have the time/are willing to share your secrets.

I especially appreciate the groove of your hi hats. The rhythm of them fits perfectly within the straight kick. Using white noise i assume? Just with a standard logic synth or with some drum synth plug-in? How did you go about getting that tight rhythm? Just by moving blocks around in a sequencer and tweaking until it was perfect? or did you find a quantize setting that gave you the basic template? or maybe you were using Delay? You develop the drum hit rhythm as the song goes along and its pretty complex at its peak, any tips on how you added the subtle layers of more hats and other sounds so that they fit in? The velocities fit the rhythm perfectly too, how did you get this right? Just trial & error tweaking ?

...lots of questions... Apologies, I'm still trying to learn how this stuff gets done, its a pretty solo endeavor i realise though. I fully expect you to say that you programmed it in completely manually, hit-by-hit, but I know there are short-cuts sometimes, if you used any I'd love to know what you did!

Thanks.

Chris

(christian.clough@gmail.com)
Trigga!!!
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Trigga!!! »

SICK TUNE! really feeling this one its lush! :D
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kristofason »

Hard to believe that with a track like that u didnt know how to tame a sine wave!!what a good way to plug a wicked tune!!
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kristofason »

I reckon u need somethin melodic to bounce off the drums too
especially from 0 to 2.30