[alphahouse 10] - Butane - Becoming

- wax
Alex M
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

[alphahouse 10] - Butane - Becoming

Post by Alex M »

Wow, what can I say... Just purchased this today and im really loving it.
Dark, mellow, mnmlicious ear sex!
I recommend u guys to have a listen.

Thnx Butane for some lovely music :!:
The long-awaited album by Butane on Alphahouse Records features 7 pieces of dark, detail-oriented contemporary techno music. From his roots in the afterhours basements of St. Louis to his current place among the worlds most in-demand DJs, here he presents an insightful look into his singular vision within the recording studio.

Moving to Berlin around Christmas of last year kind of forced me to take a break from studio work for nearly six months. This really enabled me to get some new perspective on my music. I was just collecting ideas and inspiration while I travelled around DJing in wonderfully unique places like Moscow, Cape Town, Detroit, Mexico City, Barcelona, and Berlin. Not worrying about finishing any music was something of a mental vacation for me. I played live with Ableton twice - once in Berlin and once at DEMF in Detroit - and I was working all the time on small sketches for new tracks, but nothing more than that. Then when I came back to Berlin in June after Sonar, I slowed my travel schedule down and spent a lot of time reading philosophy and just generally enjoying the Berlin summer. When I finally took all the pent-up creative energy from those past six months into the studio with me to write the album, it all just came pouring out. I fine tuned it over the next few months, testing some of the tracks while out DJing, and this is the final result. I really wanted to present something a bit different than what I had done before, and approaching this as an album enabled me to do that. I feel like these tracks all somehow belong together. Hopefully this represents the next stage in the evolution of my music.

Release date: March 17. Format: 2x12“ + digital

Tracklisting
a1 - collapse
a2 - a rave mistake (remix)
b - hallucinate
c1 - from the beginning
c2 - wanderer
d1 - i didn't know
d2 – reflection

triangle
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

Yeah, pure quality. love this album :twisted:
Coyu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coyu »

Good album, good tracks for the dancefloor...
bshosa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by bshosa »

not only for the dancefloor imo, i reviewd it for some polish portals and mags and it got 4,5/5.
full support ....
Coyu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coyu »

bshosa wrote:not only for the dancefloor imo
Sure, not only for the dancefloor, but I think that the new ones are more into the dancefloor than his old stuff... The sound is a little bit more aggressive now. Just my opinion :P
malle eppie
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by malle eppie »

like it a lot but won't buy it for 17+euro's (beatport :roll: )
lebus44
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by lebus44 »

This is hotter than a clown car ! go for it ..
butane
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by butane »

hi guys.
beatport made a mistake on the pricing and I didn't catch it immediately because I've been on the road. I just brought this to their attention and it should be fixed soon. Sorry for the mix up.

Also - the vinyl should have been out yesterday, but there was a delay getting the jackets printed. We lost 2 weeks, so it will be out on vinyl on the 31st.

Sorry to make you wait for it.

Thanks for your continued support.