Shakers

- ask away
Kleig
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Kleig »

Not sure if this VST has been posted in this thread before, but anyways:

http://www.mcrow.net/shakermaker.htm

I think that's pretty good for shaker sounds, then just put a semi long plate reverb on it and a slow delay with pretty low feedback rate.
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE »

That shaker VST is actually pretty good!!

Shame it doent take midi control but its easily got round by sticking it in a bus and linkibngit to another muted channel.....

Thanks!
cycopath
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

What synth do you use to create white noise for your shaker?

Post by cycopath »

I am currently making a shaker for the song I'm working on. I am using the ES-1 synth in logic to produce the white noise then by fiddling with the envelope, alternating the velocities and using side chained compression, you actually get a fully tweakable realistic (enough) shaker sound.

I'm finding though that ES-1 is quite simple and I still not quite happy with how the envelope changes the sounds. What synths do you all use to produce your white noise shaker sound?
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: What synth do you use to create white noise for your sha

Post by MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE »

cycopath wrote:I am currently making a shaker for the song I'm working on. I am using the ES-1 synth in logic to produce the white noise then by fiddling with the envelope, alternating the velocities and using side chained compression, you actually get a fully tweakable realistic (enough) shaker sound.

I'm finding though that ES-1 is quite simple and I still not quite happy with how the envelope changes the sounds. What synths do you all use to produce your white noise shaker sound?
Im with you man, white noise is sufficient for a basic shaker sound, but i want to hear the beans rattle!

Try THE 'shaker vst', its pretty good, its far easier to get the right texture, and is even better layered up over your shaker synth patch.

NB; I initialy thought the shaker VST was a 'special synth' like the mnml vst..lol
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

record a salt shaker.
cycopath
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by cycopath »

Unfortunatly I am on mac, and there appears to be no mac version of 'THE SHAKER MAKER' - a shame. Doesn't look like there's a mac equivalent either. Kind of an obvious plug-in to make you'd think...

I'm slightly reluctant to try recording, i don't have a good mic and its much easier to have a synth to it, keeping it in time whatever the tempo and more control etc. I also want to hear those beans though! Or at lest get more of a textuuurree than I can get at the moment, maybe i should be trying some distortion or overdriver plugins...
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

cycopath wrote:Unfortunatly I am on mac, and there appears to be no mac version of 'THE SHAKER MAKER' - a shame. Doesn't look like there's a mac equivalent either. Kind of an obvious plug-in to make you'd think...

I'm slightly reluctant to try recording, i don't have a good mic and its much easier to have a synth to it, keeping it in time whatever the tempo and more control etc. I also want to hear those beans though! Or at lest get more of a textuuurree than I can get at the moment, maybe i should be trying some distortion or overdriver plugins...
there is nothing really special about the plugin. After messing around with it you are better off with using some white noise and some filters.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
cycopath
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by cycopath »

good to hear... any particular type of filters you recommend? or just the usual low/high pass stuff.