(IlianTape003)Maria Fresca-Womasushi Ep(Cinelli&Zenker)

- wax
Ilian Tape
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

(IlianTape003)Maria Fresca-Womasushi Ep(Cinelli&Zenker)

Post by Ilian Tape »

Maria Fresca – Womasushi Ep

Maria Fresca is a project by Franco Cinelli and Dario Zenker, which is based on a true live musical experience. Since they met the first time and smoked a couple of blunts, they´ve thought about working something out together. And here is the result. Spaced, dubbed out kickless journeys through their musical universes, like Timothy Learys housekeeping woman from the French Alps on rollerblades.

A. - Womafledtuna
Where is the kick? The basedrum? Well, if it doesn’t show up, don’t wait for it because there won’t come any. Dance music without basedrum seems useless to you? If you think so, just listen to that cut really carefully and you won’t even recognize that there isn’t one. The rhythm is the main theme here. Dubbed hidden sounds under the structure, small Jamaican B-boys telling some of their Kingston Pub lyrics about the Agent Orange weed destroying era by the US in the late 70’s, and finally tons of hi-hats and percussion elements send you through waterfalls.

B. - Karuocheto
The mountains are all in a clear green with a white touch of snow, the drums played by aborigines out of Sydney’s suburbs while the wind of autumn is blowing. This cut is a pure trip through spring with smelling cherry fields of Patagonia, while listening to a dreamcatcher´s poetic anthem of peace. Rhythm, drums and the pure dark and groovy character will send the crowds everywhere, like to a journey through never heard levels before. This is pure emotional music without a main basedrum needed, because it is just going to catch you if you are open for new things.

Samples and Artwork:
http://www.iliantape.com/release/show/6

Release Date:12.12.2007

World Wide Distribution by interGROOVE
Last edited by Ilian Tape on Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
svenlito
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by svenlito »

me likes maria fresca

shorthand: FEDD!
Jose Cabrera
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Jose Cabrera »

booooooooooooooooomb. i love and play
uebl
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by uebl »

interesting tunes..
pre-amp tango
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pre-amp tango »

when i click on the link above the only thing i get is your website with a couple of grey bars and a large white space (using win2k or win xp with IE). only works with firefox... which i normally don't use. i guess there's room for improvement or at least the need to let users know which programs should be installed to view the site.

now to the music:
a side is cool - i don't miss the kick drum at all, the only thing i want to say is that the snare/slap comes in way too late for my taste (after the first half of the track). anyway, i guess this is a great tool.
b side is cool, too - not really missing the kick drum as such. the difference to the a side is that it has a much loopier character, needs more time to develop and definitely a track for very special moments. i guess i'd only be able to play this at home... people in the clubs i play at wouldn't understand it.

i'm pretty sure i'll buy this one - because it's so different.
marco zenker
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by marco zenker »

i love this ep!
amazing music and a really unique style.

monster!!!

(*)
phes
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by phes »

great ep by las locas!!

karuocheto kicks ass big time! :twisted: :!: :!:
Seph
jon
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jon »

(-)
total bomb!!
amazing sounds, not missing the kickdrum at all, trippin' and refreshing project! loving and deeply diggin' both tracks!
great work guys!!!