mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nihad »

this thread and record are really getting "m_nused"
Knut is robbin' rude
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Knut is robbin' rude »

after the to little snipped of this to nice track, i'm thinking that if someone's not like the RMX he/she just don't understand what mr. D wants to tell us with audion styles. (aren't it speeches?)

fo me it's like:
i like to be as unique as my feelings are.
and i need a carelessopenmindedfreaky tune wich make me wanna dance.
audion perfectly fitts into.

maybe i'm just to far away, bcause somehow i like breakcore as well.

(my) state of art.
to escape of that ugly cage i just go:

VORWÄRTS DURCH MUSIK
Rich
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rich »

That sounds all a bit "look at me, I'm so crazy and weird, I "understand" this mad music and I like it!" (Congratulations...)

At the end of the day, it either sounds good and gets you dancing or it doesn't. And this Audion mix really doesn't (for me). I think people are generally disappointed by MD's recent output simply because we have all heard really GREAT records by him, and we know what he is capable of. And this recent phase does not even come close to the quality he used to produce.

Again, just a personal opinion, not putting anyone down, etc etc.
v404
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by v404 »

Rich wrote:That sounds all a bit "look at me, I'm so crazy and weird, I "understand" this mad music and I like it!" (Congratulations...)

At the end of the day, it either sounds good and gets you dancing or it doesn't. And this Audion mix really doesn't (for me). I think people are generally disappointed by MD's recent output simply because we have all heard really GREAT records by him, and we know what he is capable of. And this recent phase does not even come close to the quality he used to produce.

Again, just a personal opinion, not putting anyone down, etc etc.
WHAT?!! NO!!! You just don't get it & are jealous because MD is lightyears beyond anyone who dare's question his infallible authority on techno!! That's why he's reknowned the world over as a techno god!!

If you don't like it, you're just a hater & a poser & you obviously are waaay too stupid to get the brilliance of MD's work. Just face it, you're not "advanced enough" for what MD is doing because he can do no wrong. It's you, not MD.

:lol: :roll: :wink:

Ridiculous!! It's absolute comedy to me how people can have this kind of mentality. Talk about sheep!! "It's MD so it's great!" Psh, please!!

My original point, before so many decided it was more constructive to make unfounded allegations towards me & make asinine attempts to hide their blatant sychophantic fanboy allegiance to MD, is how dismayed I am that more people don't hold MD accountable for his egregious decline in music quality & artistic integrity. And whether you like the occassional track by him here & there is one thing, but I seriously doubt anyone's credibility on the subject if they don't recognize the overall decline in his output over the last several years.

Especially other artists. No offense Pheek, but do you seriously think MD's creative direction has been for the better? Knowing your label & the music you put out, I have a hard time believing that. Respecting an artist's right to do what he wants is one thing but to turn a blind eye to the quality of that output is another.

To me, it appears that some artists & fans run to each other's defense out of diplomacy rather than sincerity. Perhaps being honest isn't as smart of a career move. But IMO, integrity is a far more important business ethic & successful strategy than making bedfellows.

And this isn't a dig at Pheek either. I have tremendous respect for him & the enormous amount of work he contributes to the scene but frankly, if he took a nose dive like MD, I'd call him out on it.. I wouldn't lie to him or myself & say his output is just as good as it was before if in fact, it isn't. And I bet he'd appreciate that more even though he probably thinks I'm a dck.

And in defense of my "The Worst" comment in regards to MD. I still stand by it. And here is my rationale. The reason why I'm more critical of MD's mistakes is because of who he is.

Simply put, MD was, IMO, one of, if not the person most responsible for the Minimal ressurection. In fact, I'd even go so far as to say that he had the potential to become the next "Plastikman" to the scene. I think his early False material on Plus 8, his early releases on Spectral & his first EP as Jabberjaw are seminal to the "Minimal" sound we hear today. He undoubtebly opened many peoples eyes & ears to a sound that wasn't exactly "new" but was being reinterpreted & extrapolated upon in a new & fresh way. Now there are artists out there who have essentially made a career for themselves by delivering the sound MD defined & left behind merely because it's still in demand & MD obviously has no intention to deliver.

Consequently, I hold MD up to a higher standard to the average or new Minimal artist. Sure, Pheek is right that there are lots of bad artists out there that are questionably revered & perhaps that diplomacy scenario I mentioned earlier is partially to blame. However, MD has shown us all that he knows how to make good music & yet, IMO, his output over the last few years has been subpar & continues to be subpar. In fact, I'd say it's very subpar IMO.

Sure, I bet MD is a really nice guy & I'm still thankful for all of the great music he has made, but I won't pretend like that hasn't changed. MD is not the same artist anymore & frankly, I've lost a lot of respect for him as an artist. There was a time when I was elated by what MD was doing. But with great reverance comes honesty & sincerity & that's just how I feel. And I'd tell him in person if I knew him.. But again, I'm just a lowly peasant.
tettezak
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tettezak »

I always check out new stuff without taking into account previous releases from the artist. Simply because he/she will always have productions I dislike, there's no doubt about that.. I just look at it release per release, and in this case I just don't like the MD track at all...
Rochey
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rochey »

good post!

I know what you mean about MD being key in the way minimal music has headed over the years!

but I still stand by my original post how it has become cool to bad mouth certain producers, you seem to have a genuine distaste in MD's new "direction" rather then others that do it, to lord it over people that don't!!

One thing I will say is I don't think his recent stuff will age as well as, say sink the ship, speak for some of that or titty fck!! But I do enjoy his new tracks!
Here for a Good Time, Not a Long Time!

http://www.louchemusic.com
Mirco
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Mirco »

craaaaaaaaaaazy !!! :D
Rich
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rich »

That's a good point; sometimes it does become "cool" to badmouth certain producers (which to me is why Richie takes so much sh*t!).

The thing is though, I really like and respect Matthew Dear. His releases from 2, 3 even 4 years ago are amazing, and I really, really like them. So, if anything, I should be one of the fanboys kissing his ass. But I just can't stand some of the recent work. It just kills me to see such a talented producer making such crap. I loved "Kisses" by Audion, and Mouth to Mouth was okay, but a lot of the other Audion tracks are quite weak in my opinion, and this remix is frankly awful.

I would love to see a return to form, but I feel like I am watching him slowly change and get further and further away from what I liked about him. I still got my memories tho!!! He he he..