[AMB2105] Ada Kaleh - Nodus tollens LP

- wax
Ada Kaleh
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

[AMB2105] Ada Kaleh - Nodus tollens LP

Post by Ada Kaleh »

Hey lovely peeps!
I'm back with a new LP, this time on the more Ambient/Electronica/Leftfield side, and no better outlet to release this than the legendary Apollo Records (the ambient division of R&S Records, home of acts like Aphex Twin, The Orb, Juan Atkins and countless other visionairies of the vibrant '90s era)
Artwork by Anca Popa
Release date: April 8th, 2022

I'm no good with describing my music, so I'll share the label release note here:

"Romanian composer and DJ, Ada Kaleh, reveals a more intricate and textured side to his compositional dexterity, releasing a new album ‘Nodus Tollens’ on the legendary ambient label, Apollo Records.

Composed and recorded between 2010 and 2020, ‘Nodus Tollens’ finds Ada Kaleh departing from the confines of minimal house and techno, and instead exploring the many facets of ambient electronica and minimalism. Drawing inspiration from minimalist artists such as Steve Reich and Terry Riley, four expansive compositions are offered up, each one transcending the boundaries of dance music dogma, and focusing on natural free-form rhythms; meditative and healing frequencies intertwine with spacial textures, resulting in soothing psychedelia.

Questioning the linear nature of time, each production guides the listener though whirling soundscapes, DMT realms and time loops, creating an aural safe space in which to explore. Propelled by a passion for 60’s & 70’s spiritual jazz, afro-beats and other psychedelic inducing textures, Ada Kaleh describes these musical endeavours as Quantum Techno.

Across two slabs of 12” vinyl, and four distinct passages and states of time (Future, Past, Present and Entropy), ‘Nodus Tollens’ is a seamless listening experience that heralds the development of the composer’s musical journey, which has to date afforded magnetic releases for labels like Rawax, R&S Records and his very own Ada Kaleh Romania imprint. Sleeve artwork on the album comes courtesy of the super talented artist Anca Popa, now based in Cape Town after a move from her native Romania."

Pre-orders on Juno:

Also, to make it easier, below you can find all relevant pre-order shops and Apollo Records Bandcamp (this includes access to digital files):
https://linktr.ee/ada_kaleh_romania
Ada Kaleh
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: [AMB2105] Ada Kaleh - Nodus tollens LP

Post by Ada Kaleh »

Out pretty much everywhere!