Samples

- ask away
zappa
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Samples

Post by zappa »

Just getting into producing and looking for sources of samples both free and paid. Where do u find the best samples, particuarly for techno and what do u recomend ?
kujoma
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kujoma »

i'd recommend to learn synthesizers
--

provaznik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by provaznik »

yep i just found the wonders of synthesized drum sounds. i ain't goin back to samples for some time now...
Andrew Duke
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Samples

Post by Andrew Duke »

zappa wrote:Just getting into producing and looking for sources of samples both free and paid. Where do u find the best samples, particuarly for techno and what do u recomend ?
Zappa: the stickied thread above this one called "production contest (royalty-free loops and hits)" has links to tons of free material that I've put online that you might find useful.
I'll put in a word for my downloadable samplepack that is available on
Audiobase: 606 FX as WAV and Apple Loops. Check http://audiobase.com/product/SACR

Andrew
zappa
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by zappa »

Cheers, I'll check out those links. What synths do u recomend and where do u find them. I take it they're software ?!?
Andrew Duke
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

synths

Post by Andrew Duke »

zappa wrote:Cheers, I'll check out those links. What synths do u recomend and where do u find them. I take it they're software ?!?
If you're on PC, you should play around with Audiomulch. Not a synth, but has some great sound-building things in it.
I like Native Instruments' Reaktor and Absynth and Kontakt for their sound-creating abilities.
Andrew