Sequencing

- ask away
technich
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Sequencing

Post by technich »

Hi all,

I'm wondering what sequencing methods people prefer if using analogue and digital hardware set up, into a mixer then into DAW/Tape. At the moment I am running a jomox 999 with a juno synth and a few other analog/digital toys. I was thinking of getting something along the lines of an MPC for ease of sequencing my synths together in the mix. Other options may be to use the jomox. Any other suggestions? what's everyone's preference?

Using the DAW as the sequencer doesn't really appeal to the direction I'm looking at. Trying to get away from the computer screen and more live in the mix when recording.

Thanks
Tape27
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: Sequencing

Post by Tape27 »

Maybe the arturia beatstep pro, don't have it but I have often heard it is an awesome hardware Sequenzer
technich
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by technich »

Looks pretty sweet! Thanks for the suggestion!

Anyone had experience with this? or anything else?
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

That's kinds where I'm at. I bought an MPC which ( once I get my head around everything ) is going to be the main sequencer. I also have a Korg ES1mk2 which functions as the main drum machine, it's loaded with various processed kits and has an onboard sequencer and pattern storage, there's a DR660 too, which is mainly for things like extra hats, percussion and stuff, then there's a Korg Volca Sample & a Korg Volca FM. I'm not really sure of the way things are going to run yet. Potentially, everything has its own sequencer so I guess the obvious thing is to trigger those. I'm not writing tracks on them exclusively. My ideas are still generated inside Ableton Live but I can dump the sounds into the MPC and the drums into the ES1 and jam arrangements out, that's my intention anyway. I may stumble across other ways in due time but as of yet, I haven't had time to get to learn each device. I have a Yamaha RM1x lying around which has a sequencer I really, really like. Buttons are not responding though, need to have a look at that.