mnml.nl

- open
inxec
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

To dance or not to dance......to?

Post by inxec »

Still not about people trying to decide whats gunna get yer funk on ro just plain old home listening imo. :!:

p.s. as anyone got lost S2ep23?
CIRCLELINE PLATFORM 2
Karolina
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Karolina »

Anonym wrote::D We have a saying in English I am sure many of you are familiar with. It goes " If you don't have anything nice to say, Don't say anything at all." I dislike lots of the production being put out there and I am sure many people dislike my production, but I don't find it necessary to point that out because it is just one opinion which like assholes everyone has one. :wink:
really man, when ur sharing your production with other forum ppl, u get ready for a feedback it doesn't matter if it is positive or negative.
Music makes the people come together...
Shadi Megallaa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shadi Megallaa »

I agree, thats why i dont post my music online :D

joookes..
Anonym
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Anonym »

skept wrote:
Anonym wrote::D We have a saying in English I am sure many of you are familiar with. It goes " If you don't have anything nice to say, Don't say anything at all." I dislike lots of the production being put out there and I am sure many people dislike my production, but I don't find it necessary to point that out because it is just one opinion which like assholes everyone has one. :wink:
when i started posting tracks on here i knew they sucked when i got no response at all. so you are totally correct here.

i don't think people on this board are over polite or afraid to say things. i think it is just a matter of this board having an older more mature crowd therefore eliminating quite a bit of unnecessary bantar.

it's not like all the kiddie glowstick ravers are into the mnml scene. atleast not in the midwest. here the crowds at minimal shows seem to be more of a 20ish, 30ish better dressed (by better dressed i mean not oversized orange pants) crowd as oppossed to the 17 - 19 year olds on e with glowsticks that I see at more "rave" oriented events. i guess i am mostly talking about detroit and cleveland shows here. anonym, you are from detroit i think so what is your take on this?
I would agree that the Mnml scenesters here in the D are mostly late 20s to mid 30s and professional types but if anyone wants flamed they can always go talk sh!t on the Detroitluv.com site and they will be more then happy to flame you.
Where where where am I? Who who am I?
Anonym
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Anonym »

Karolina wrote:
really man, when ur sharing your production with other forum ppl, u get ready for a feedback it doesn't matter if it is positive or negative.
Yes but I have found for every person that likes your stuff there will be someone who doesn't. So all that should matter is that you like it. And only you can answer that question
Where where where am I? Who who am I?
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

I’m on the side of keeping it positive... for the most part... I have a lot of love for close friends......and in (two) occasion this week...... and in just this week alone...two not so positive thoughts were (expressed) ..

for close close friends of mine I may add.. god forgive me.. hahaha..

*back to topic:

if someone is asking for an opinion.

for a good or close friend sure.. I’ll give or be asked for my opinion.

however to a stranger.. it's an invisible line. you’re not sure who they are ...perhaps.. how they will take something so.. I think LOTS of things and good constructive thoughts perhaps may not be said.

perhaps just use a rule of thumb.

if the sentence is typed at the bottom.....

positive or negative feedback welcome...

then someone is asking for perspective. that is healthy in order to grow. I may have only saw that sentence once or twice in a post.. so more or less if I don’t know them my opinion of someone's (art) is to me NOT my place to say on a public forum.

music has keep my soul grounded over the years. at a very dark time in my life ... there it was.. so for me.. it's deep and spiritual expression.. so when I post a mix.. I’m not looking for opinion but sharing an idea.. or a moment in time if you will hahaha..

perhaps people (think) they want to know but then later....may not like it out in public. but as the above post mentioned we have a very raw board that will get down and nasty..

but at the same time.. I think in the long run.. it teaches you a thing or two. is this the road you really want to take..? are you going to change something about your (own) art because of other's opinion.. and more direct...being an artist I think you are in the (business) of being in public.. If you cant take real people.. (indirectly) challenging you as an artist.... well then why try to be in the entertainment business in public no less

but at the same time as the other boards they can be consumed with neg energy. before you know it. .... it's actually lost it's heart beat..

:cry: :oops:

I think the mods (may) or would step in.. I've seen that once .......

as on the other board their is a DEAR JOHN type forum where poeple may post their complaints. I"m sure that if a forum is there....perhaps some may direct someone frustations in there....vs.... not crossing their thoughts into the art and music side that this board has to offer (perhaps) if their was a a (specific) path..to do so..

for the most part the wonderful mature people of this board..

*not including myself..i'm a toys r us kid.. hahaha..

dont choose to guess or cross any lines.. which is a good thing.

ASK for DETAIL / get detail... as in life or conversation..

if your not specific then you get nothing specific. be general / get general.

but it's good people talk and express views.. I think it would be worse to have left something like this unsaid..
Last edited by John Clees on Thu May 25, 2006 12:19 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Sneaky
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Sneaky »

Speak your mind and the rest will follow!
Cans
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Cans »

almost all of my negative feedback has since been deleted by a moderator... :!: