TR-8

- ask away
mattialonato
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

TR-8

Post by mattialonato »

Hi everyone,
Is there anyone who's using TR-8 by Roland? Do you you think it is it worthy?
Since few months I'm using ADM from Audiorealism and I'd say I'm pretty satisfied but you know I'm wondering if TR-8 could be even better.

thanks for the answers,
regards
Mattia
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Re: TR-8

Post by John Clees »

didn't buy it as of yet, however i've seen a hand full of people who's names I won't mention implement it into their live sets.
it's back to the straight forward techno. good tool I'd strongly consider getting at one point, however I've ran out of desk space and just brought a new hardware mixer to match all of my stuff. in the end you create your own path. worse case you can always sell it back or to someone as well as i'm sure their is a huge market for used ones as well.
mattialonato
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mattialonato »

thanks for your reply. I'll go in a shop and give it a try:)
Anybody else who own it?
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Demo it, that's always the best thing you can do. If you like how it sounds and the workflow and could see how it would work for you, that's all that matters. Sounded great to me in the store, I couldn't buy one though because I always end up sampling my sounds to add processing and it kinda defeats the purpose of stuff like this.

I'm glad they came out with this thing, the gear hike on the original 909's and 808's was getting stupid. ( still is )
mattialonato
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mattialonato »

AK wrote: I always end up sampling my sounds to add processing and it kinda defeats the purpose of stuff like this.
Actually I used to do the same but I was kinda bored of applying swing through Live groove section, thus I moved to ADM which has great swing and flam functions but I'm not 100% satisfied with all the samples it has.

For sure I'll demo TR-8. I just watched some videos and it seems it sounds very good.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

If you intend to use it in a studio context being synced by Ableton, be aware of timing issues. Ive read a lot of people say they cannot keep it synced and that they just make loops and record them in correcting timing issues later.
180gram
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by 180gram »

Good for live but not enough outputs for efficient studio use unless recording straight up jams without much editing is your thing