16 step sequencer you can load your own hard drive samples

- ask away
pete22
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

16 step sequencer you can load your own hard drive samples

Post by pete22 »

Hi :D

trying to figure out is there a way i can use my own samples library from years and load/save them into a step sequencer like this one then programme the hits etc from the save samples or is there a machine i can use to do this ?
i know i could use an mpc but i just like the way this one is laid out with the steps, i currently use fx pansion geist to programme my drums but i want to get away from the computer and use hardware, obvs i could just but a drum machine but just wondering if there was a workaround or if not what drum machines allow me to load my sample library into them ?

many thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9mAc_Fi6fc
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: 16 step sequencer you can load your own hard drive sampl

Post by AK »

I'm currently interested in that myself, I like the speed and style of the sequencer, it reminds me of an advanced Yamaha RM1x ( which I still have but its faulty ) I don't really know if anything exists with this sort of functionality and also acts as a sampler, what I was looking at getting was this and an Emu E4XT Ultra - the latter can be found for really cheap these days, the specs are crazy for a sampler and even though it has a 48 track sequencer of its own, it's nowhere near as intuitive as this bad boy,,,,,...

If you like what this does, then no compromise is going to satisfy you, you could just go that route and ( as a general idea ) get a bargain like I'm thinking of and you have massive power right there and could absolutely do everything you need.

Specs of the Emu:

128-voice Polyphony.
32-part multitimbrality (2 sets of MIDI connections).
64Mb RAM.
3.2Gb Hard Drive.
Dual 24-bit effects processors.
21 filter types.
8 Balanced analogue outputs.
Word clock & AES/EBU I/O.
240 x 64-dot Custom Backlit Display.
48-track sequencer.
Arpeggiator.

Thing is, if you compromise and get say some Korg or something which makes a noise as well, you should expect a reduced feature set, this thing focuses on 1 thing and have a lot of sequencing potential ( away from a screen ) I'd say couple it for a few hundred quid more and you simply have everything you could need.
igotsoul
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: 16 step sequencer you can load your own hard drive sampl

Post by igotsoul »

korg electribe sampler?

http://www.musicradar.com/reviews/tech/ ... ler-625283
handsuphandsup