Would anyone like to collab with me?

- ask away
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Would anyone like to collab with me?

Post by AK »

Basically, I get ideas down but never finish them off. I enjoy the spark I get from jamming and I can come up with sh!t right off the bat, where I fail is making it a track. I get bogged down with arranging and it all seems contrived. I have no interest in white noise build ups, crash cymbals or any other EDM-esque production techniques. I am into getting a vibe with a couple of synths and using pattern changes and hands on control to make the track live and breathe. I came here originally not because i was into minimal Techno but because I was into makinf music with a finite use of gear and I will always adhere to that. I have a passion for House, deep House and have a lot of ideas. If you are interested to do some music together I am all ears. I use live but I am mostly centred around a Roland MC202, a Roland Alpha Juno2, a Korg Polysix, an Akai S1000 sampler and a basic mackie mixer.

If you are interested in doing music with me, I wanna hear. Take care to all of you.

Some of my jams are here...https://soundcloud.com/monovibe-2
djw
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: Would anyone like to collab with me?

Post by djw »

hi ak,

just wanted to say that i really liked what you have out on your sound cloud page. really nice, mellow, borderline motorcity vibes there. especially loving "in transit" and "misdemeanors", particularly the fm-ish baseline. keep it up!

-w
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

I get bogged down with arranging and it all seems contrived.
me as well. I know the feeling...

* heard your sound cloud page : sh!t's magical. sounds better than about 90% of the stuff I see in our release section.

[organic and beautiful!]
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kristofason »

I'll colab with u! (But bare in mind ive got young kids so my output his slow haha!!)
mate u have some really good ideas, Im listenin to the live jams thing now its got a wicked vibe to it.
Ur production are well balanced too. Ur probably sat listening to ur loops over and over again, muting and unmuting like everyone does, get arranging mate i know it seems like a chore but its actually a rewarding thing in itself especially when u start getting technical with break downs, build ups, changes etc.
Uve gotta remember that the type of house u make doesnt need massively exravagent arrangments just subtle changes so ur almost there with what uv done already, just make them a bit longer and keep them interesting!
Dont make anything new until uv finished one. It needs to be done.
Ive got a friend whos exactly the same, his techno ideas are mind blowing and he's sittin on a goldmine but he never gets past 8 bars.
Philsen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Philsen »

Hey,

really lovely cuts! I would play "Live jam clip" "Values" "Misdemeanors" and the others too ... Would love to see some of them on vinyl one day! Keep on! :!:
-everything you think, do and say
is in the pill you took today-
:zager and evans:

-life is of the nature of water:
it always seeks the deepest place,
which is always below in the darkness
and heaviness of the earth.-
:c.g. jung:
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

sound really good, keep going :)
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Hey thanks guys. Time is the main thing with me as I spend like a week a month at home and that is it, I'm off again. So stuff I pop on Soundcloud is really quite raw and mutes/unmutes etc. Arranging isn't so much a problem, it's that I find it boring. When you find yourself away from home, when you return weeks later, the last thing you want to do, is pull up a jam you did weeks before and sit arranging it, I much prefer getting an idea out again that's in my head and then the cycle continues. I thought, well, either I need to work a hell of a lot faster or maybe collab with someone. Maybe send some files back n forth, no rush, no pressure etc, just to see what comes out.

There's a few people I know to approach should stuff be ready for release too but that isn't my drive, I'm just into it for the music. Sorry for late reply to the thread but I'm away from home currently :)
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kristofason »

phatnessfirst@hotmail.com, when ur ready sir!