fs2 or ssl?

- ask away
provaznik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

fs2 or ssl?

Post by provaznik »

anyone here have a bias against either? i hear rane makes the better product but the midi on fs2 really attracts me especially if i could sync song tempo to the midi device. help me out here fellas!
ParanoidDancer
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by ParanoidDancer »

I have chosen SSL myself and so far I am highly satisfied. I has free software updates and developers who are active on their forum and actually communicate with their customers. I heard many people have severe problems with the Native Instruments support. Also the reaction time for SSL is better (8 milliseconds) then with FS. SSL offers a relative playing mode which is pure genius. It lets you set markers and you can jump thru a song at any time.

The only reason I can think of to buy FS is the looping in FS is easier but less accurate then is SSL. Looping in SSL can be pretty hard when your timing is not all that (what kind of dj are you when you have timing :P). Also if you want to loop in FS you have to buy traktor which will costs you an additional 200 euros. The same price of a nice redsound loop device.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask any questions about SSL ill try to answer them the best way I can.
brianc
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by brianc »

I think you'll be happy with whichever you choose. I know there are a number of people on here that have FS2 and love it (myself included), and there are people that love SSL.

FS with Traktor Studio is a really great combination. Loops, filtering, and easy midi control. Latency's never been a problem for me with FS.
robert lowell
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by robert lowell »

i hate final snatch with a passion. i've had/used all versions. the final straw was last weekend FS crashed out at a gig. i bought SSL a few nights ago. i knowticed a big difference right out of the box. its very stable opposed to FS. stanton is janky as hell imo.
provaznik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by provaznik »

yeah i have been hearing that the ssl is just a lot more reliable and tougher from a lot of people. sounds like i should go for the ssl. plus i like rane much more than stanton, and would rather support them.
jspr
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by jspr »

never had problems with my FS2.0 on Mac osx
Audio Dependent
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Audio Dependent »

kiwi wrote:never had problems with my FS2.0 on Mac osx
me either - has been very reliable for me and does what i want it to. haven't used ssl though, so have nothing to compare it to.
Marqx
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Marqx »

Final Scratch2 Scratchamp in combination with Traktor DJ Studio 3 in Final Scratch mode (and ideally a MIDI controller, Xone: 3D for example for the effetcs and loop functions) is the bomb.. wouldn't trade it for anything else!