[DM3D010] Hiss:1292 - Veves EP - Dement3d

- wax
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

[DM3D010] Hiss:1292 - Veves EP - Dement3d

Post by Opuswerk »

Hello fellow mnmlers,

I wanted to share a second release I have that just came out on the great french Dement3d records. It's a collaborative project with François X and myself called Hiss:1292. Rough and raw jtechno ams, with the little fun things of my studio.

I hope you like it :)

You can preview it here:
It's out in most shops, and I highly recommend http://www.clone.nl

Here's the promo mumbo-jumbo.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Promo Text:
It has never been concealed : the guys behind the curtains are Opuswerk and Francois X. The latter is found at postal codes between 1200 and 1209 in Switzerland, the second in 92... right near Paris. Hence 1292. Nobody's hiding here... Nobody ? Well, not quite. For this new project at least hides something, or some mysterious spirits that may have chosen to haunt these vinyl grooves. Four of them to be correct ; namely Augun, Damballah, Eshu and Simbi ; four Veves of the Dahomey and Yoruba Vodoo traditions, four complex and intense spirits that have seized Hiss:1292?s music to make it their own. It is often the intuition of similarities between voodoo and techno that pushes some producers to chose their tracks names with Vodun keywords. Indeed, intense experiences one can endure in some effective techno installment can sometimes approach the mental images we have of Voodoo trance and seizures. Here, the process has been different. The voodoo theme was unintended at first, but it seemed like a spell had been cast on the record, and the artists were bound to name their music after the spirits that dwell within.If you are curious enough to read a little about Augun, Damballah, Eshu, and Simbi while you listen to the EP, you'll probably get an eerie feeling, the machine feel of techno will start to peel off, and you'll get the strange impression you're listening to something else. And don't you worry. The way it has been arranged, those spells should all be very benign... We hope you'll get enthralled as much as we did in this one !
Feedbacks:
AnD: Another great release from the Demented crew! Augun is our pick of the bunch here with it's distorted drums and fizzling textures

Anthony Parasole: Badass as per usual!

Antigone: Really good one especially demballah and Augun great work guys!!!

Dustin Zahn: Feeling the stripped down voodoo vibes of Simbi, thanks!

DVS1: francois X mix!!

Eric Cloutier: "simbi" is definitely my choice on this one - love its depth and trip - but i'm quite in to francois's remix of "damballah." excited to get this one on a big system!

Exium: Good stuff, thanks.

Giorgio Gigli: The whole ep is GREAT

Henning Baer: Thanks for sending. Lovely release!

Jonas Kopp: Full support on this new reference , thanks.

Kangding Ray: Great, great release... thank you

Kr!z: this is so gooood! can't wait to play these out, thanks a lot. full support

Ø Phase: Already been playing these for a bit. 'Simbi' getting a fair bit of air time.. Thanks !

Pfirter:Thanks

Speedy J: Thanks, will test.

Terence Fixmer: Top 12" ! really like especially Eshu and Damballah..Mentaaaaal

Tommy Four Seven: Augun for me!

Truss: Augun sounds great! Looking forward to playing it.
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk