exporting with pops and clicks. please help !

all things.
EverWeb
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

exporting with pops and clicks. please help !

Post by EverWeb »

hey guys. i m using Live 8,1,1 and I have a big problem since a few days. When I export the finished project, the file has crackles and pops. The crackles are not always in the same spot and sometimes they are really hard to hear but sometime the pops are loud and annoying even for few seconds.(I repeat, the pops are only when I listen the wav I've made, when I play the whole track in ableton they do not hear). I have an old laptop and I need a solution even for a short time because i don t wanna lose this project.

sample rate: 44100
bit depth: 16
dither options: no dither
create analysis file: on

if you need more options about my laptop/ableton settings please let me know. thank you in advance.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Re: exporting with pops and clicks. please help !

Post by John Clees »

- options / preferences / "driver type" what do you have selected?
- what type of sound card are you using?

have you :
- tried adjusted the input/output buffer size? some times too much or too little will give that effect when exporting.
- have you tried selecting another option in "driver type" and/or select "ASIO" ?
- have you adjusted the drop down to match your sound card in "audio input and output" Are they matching where they should be?

Go through those steps/options, then perhaps attempt an uninstall, and re-install Abelton, which more than likely it's just a little tweak somewhere with your audio out options.
I've had changed mine to ASIO for a few weeks, then changed it back. thought I was noticing different things with midi for different settings.

when you get it to work, create your own personal "troubleshoot log" on what issues you ran into, and what things you did to address those issues..

it will save lots of time in the future.

best of luck.
EverWeb
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: exporting with pops and clicks. please help !

Post by EverWeb »

thanks. i updated to a new vers from ableton 8 and i hope it works.