what do you think about teh xbase09?

- ask away
crazylarry
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

what do you think about teh xbase09?

Post by crazylarry »

saw marc houle playing live with the xbase and the korg legacy controler. i love his drum sounds, so im thinking of getting one. what does everyone think of it? i really liek gaisers low end as well, sounds liek teh same thing. opinions?...
Martin Decara
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: what do you think about teh xbase09?

Post by Martin Decara »

crazylarry wrote:saw marc houle playing live with the xbase and the korg legacy controler. i love his drum sounds, so im thinking of getting one. what does everyone think of it? i really liek gaisers low end as well, sounds liek teh same thing. opinions?...
I have it and I LOVE it... The sound is so FAT and oldschool. Tobi Neumann/Dinky and Fairmont/Jake Fairley use it to... + more

Schneiders buero Knows about JOMOX

http://www.schneidersbuero.de/
Martin Decara
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Martin Decara »

and there is a new jomox out soon :lol:

TroySilver
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by TroySilver »

Gaiser's low end is most definitely 808 tweaked with tuning and subbass. You can't get much fatter than the original.
fredrik_h
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fredrik_h »

I never understood the deal with those machines honestly... I can understand what goes for elektron 'machinedrum', it let's you create new stuff using other methods than the classic formula.

a 909/808 clone or so just might add a couple of extra tuning/pitch capabilities or so). There's alot of good 808/909 samples out there, and if you can't get it right with them - you won't get it right with this machine either. focus on the right compression/eq for the sounds instead.

don't get me wrong, I love the 808 (and the 909, sometimes ;) ) but I think people are misleading themselves when thinking that they can buy a device which will make them sound like [insert-artist]... it's also a bit sad from a creative point of view, but that's another thread I guess. :wink:
crazylarry
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by crazylarry »

[quote="TroySilver"]Gaiser's low end is most definitely 808 tweaked with tuning and subbass. quote]

what you mean tweaked with sub bass?

im not trying to sound like (insert artist here) i know what i like, and im just trying to figure out how to do it.... not trying to copy, jsut trying to make noises i like...
Martin Decara
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Martin Decara »

crazylarry wrote:im not trying to sound like (insert artist here) i know what i like, and im just trying to figure out how to do it.... not trying to copy, jsut trying to make noises i like...
If I had the monny I would buy the new jomox. of course you can use sampels and of course you can make them sound good. But if you can make you machins work and swing together it sounds so mush better...

The new Jomox has real analog BD, SD, LT and HT with digital control, Clap, Rim, Crash and Ride is sampels.

More info about it:
http://www.jomox.de/onlineshop/php/arti ... 00c1b00=15
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by deccard »

the new jomox sounds great. and its sounding much better getting the right bassdrum from the jomox for your track than trying to tweak a sample or building a track around a sampled bd.
just test the jomox.
techno made me do it