- ask away
Andrew Duke
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Andrew Duke's Chain Reaction samplepack dl out now

Post by Andrew Duke »

Andrew Duke's Chain Reaction: Sonic Atmospheres 1 is now available on
http://www.audiobase.com/product/SACR

This downloadable samplepack contains 606 files (450 loops plus 156 hits) of exclusive
FX material in your choice of WAV or Apple Loops format (both at 24bit 48kHz).

FX for your choons, producers!

Andrew
Andrew Duke
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Andrew Duke »

Andrew Duke's Chain Reaction: Sonic Atmospheres 1--a samplepack featuring 606 exclusive royalty-free FX as 24bit 48kHz WAV and Apple Loops--is available for download now on Audiobase.com; direct link:
http://audiobase.com/product/SACR

This downloadable samplepack includes 450 FX loops and 156 FX hits. Description: With sounds and themes as diverse as traffic, industrial, buzz, helicopter, haunting, alien landscape, and many, many others, the variety in this pack is simply huge. Master producer Andrew Duke's music and sound design have been heard on many TV networks including BBC Channel 4, Discovery, CBC, CTV and Much Music to name a few. With over a gigabyte of loops, the sounds in this pack will add flair to any producton.

Here's what some of those who have downloaded have to say about the pack
(all gave the download 5 stars out of 5):

Testimonial from Dave O Mahony (producer; http://www.fizznchips.com):

Since downloading this Sample Pack I've been playing with the sounds Non-Stop! This is a wonderfully inspirational set. Loads of musically usable loops and almost all of them lead to a jumping off point for new tunes! The quality is outstanding - anyone that has used your free loop packs would be highly advised to check these out... there are so many run of the mill samplesets about that finding a collection like this is like striking gold!

I'm a HUGE fan af Andrew's work and this set has just confirmed in my mind the mans talent... I cant wait to get back to play with these...

It's a shame there isnt a higher rating than 5 Smile

Testimonial from Nick Dundas (DJ/Producer; http://www.nickdundas.com):

Chain Reaction by Andrew Duke is another top notch sample pack which proves useful for all kinds of production. The samples are original, organic and sit across the spectrum from minimal to heavy. Personally I've never found a sample pack which offers so much variety and complexity while still staying in context. The sheer size of Duke's sample pack makes it an irresistible deal. If you are looking for a large, solid addition to your sample collection Chain Reaction is for you. I'm looking forward to new, quality releases from Duke which I would buy in a second.

Testimonial from Blake Jarrell (DJ/producer; http://www.myspace.com/blakejarrell):

wow what a great sample collection! anyone into to minimal and idm or anyone who just wants to add some techy complex and sometimes plain nasty sounds to their work, this collection is a great pool to draw from. these sounds also work great in live improv jams.

Testimonial from Mr. Tunes (Composer & Sound Designer for Film):

At $30, Andrew Duke's Chain Reaction is quite the steal. There's A LOT of content in here to pick from and most of it's very usable to me. This pack would be ideal for anyone making IDM/Tech music as Blake mentions but it's good to point out that these sounds would be just as useful to sound designers for film and video games. I've worked on a few different indie projects in the past and sometimes the deadlines are too tight to design all the sounds from scratch. Sonic Atmospheres Vol. 1 makes for the ideal starting point in these situations when the pressure to deliver quality sounding tracks is on.

My critique is that i'd like to see some longer sustained soundscapes here. The ones in this library are loopable but my guess is that Andrew will release a 2nd volume eventually that will fill in the gaps in this one. My other critique is that when working on 'lighter' projects it's hard to find calmer sounds that have a nice musical quality. There are softer tones but you just have to search more for them. The sounds in this library can be quite abrasive at times (hence the title Chain Reaction). In general I think having this sort of edge to the library is great and gives it a unique character.

I love the different types of sounds here, and the range of having sounds from the real world vs. the bizarre synthesis techniques that Duke employs. My favourite are the ones that are really staticy and clicky, subdued textures. There's also a nice dose of obnoxious synth effects that will wake you up. The one-shots could be fun to load into a sampler and play them with a keyboard.

All in all this library is a fantastic starting point for people looking for a palette of bizarre and far-out sounds to start painting with. With a price this low you can't go wrong. Much respect to Andrew for releasing his gems for us to use.
Andrew Duke
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Andrew Duke »

Andrew Duke's Chain Reaction (Sonic Atmospheres 1) samplepack is on sale until September 1 for just $9.50 (regular price is $29.50).
This downloadable samplepack features 606 exclusive samples available in 24bit wav and Apple Loops format.
Preview and order here:
Andrew Duke
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Andrew Duke »

Andrew Duke wrote:Andrew Duke's Chain Reaction (Sonic Atmospheres 1) samplepack is on sale until September 1 for just $9.50 (regular price is $29.50).
This downloadable samplepack features 606 exclusive samples available in 24bit wav and Apple Loops format.
Preview and order here:
Sale ends September 1, folks.
Andrew
provaznik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by provaznik »

would this be considered spamming?
Andrew Duke
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Andrew Duke »

provaznik wrote:would this be considered spamming?
Hi, Provaznik.

Hmmm...

In the past, I have made available on this forum over 500 of my
royalty-free samples 100% FREE;
links to which are still available on this forum for people
to freely download and use as they wish. Some of my free samples
that I have made available online have been used--with my full permission--in commercial projects where the user of my samples made money.

I have also arranged contests with prizes such as Native Instruments
Reaktor 5, FXpansion GURU and DR-008, Audiomulch, Steinberg SE3,
and lots more prizes--up for grabs for absolutely no cost to those
entering the contests. I haven't gotten any free software out of these
contests, or any other free things; I just arranged the prizes to give
out to the best resulting remixes as a "thank you". I didn't have to
do this, but I took the time to do it and many are glad I did.

So, in my opinion, it is not spamming to tell producers here
(many of whom have enjoyed the 500+ free samples I've posted
links to and still have available for free download) that a batch
of my commercially-available samples are on sale at $9.50 instead of $29.50. If people are going to buy my material, I'd rather they
got the best price possible--so I'm announcing it to share this info.

If you consider it spamming, well, that's your opinion, Provaznik.
And everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Take care.
Andrew
cyhl
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cyhl »

provaznik wrote:would this be considered spamming?
on top of andrew's answer: there's nothing wrong (at least until now) promoting what you're selling on this forum, as long as it's relevant... so no, of course, it's not spam, orelse all the label owners promoting their own vinyl/cd releases would be spam too...
provaznik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by provaznik »

i hadn't made up my mind nor did i have any presumptions walking into this reply. i was just curious, that's all. and by the way andrew i have some of your samples and have quite enjoyed them. what i was alluding to was the fact that you were charging for them as opposed to putting up free sample packs. thanks for the replies though fellas.