What do you want in a how to video?

- ask away
jswe
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: What do you want in a how to video?

Post by jswe »

Nice videos man - always like a good dub techno tutorial.

How about pads? Either those seedy dub ones, or lush classic ones a la rick wade etc...

cheers
jswe
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by jswe »

michaellpenman wrote:
jswe wrote:Nice videos man - always like a good dub techno tutorial.

How about pads? Either those seedy dub ones, or lush classic ones a la rick wade etc...

cheers
can you post some examples, youtube videos or sound cloud ?
x
jswe
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by jswe »

michaellpenman wrote:So your looking for some key textures to layer under the track to create a emotion/mood ?
Thanks for correcting my lack of description haha.

And thanks for the video, that's really cool of you dude! I hope you get some more feedback from others.
treeelf
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by treeelf »

Hey!

Thanks for seeking input from the online community, seems like a good approach.

I see a lot of tutorials on how to make this or that sound, which is really great, although in the end what it comes down to is putting all those sounds together in a meaningful way. It would be cool to see some mixing techniques, spatial mixing, eq'ing, reverb, etc. These are the things that separate the pros from the beginners IMO.

cheers!
-----------
http://www.soundcloud.com/tree-elves
-----------
Abelton - Massive - FM8 - Waves - Wave Alchemy - Moog Little Phatty - Vermono Mono Lancet - Zoom H4N
jswe
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by jswe »

michaellpenman wrote:thanks i hope that is what you were looking for?
or
where you looking for a more classic style juno pad?
No, that's pretty much it... Once i have the sort of direction and solid instruction to it, I get a good few hours of mucking around with it to suit my stuff. Thanks!

I agree with above too, some mixing and effects tutorials would go a long way (so sick of listening to bad trance or stomping tech house for techniques).

Sorry for the late responses too... Inconsistent internet at the moment!
lcaise
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by lcaise »

I would like to see how to create classic Yamaha DX7 bass sound, like here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=612cNlVYFJA
facebook.com/lcaise.official
facebook.com/tanztonerecords
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

lcaise wrote:I would like to see how to create classic Yamaha DX7 bass sound, like here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=612cNlVYFJA
That sounds like a Juno bass to me, using the sub osc. The DX bass of similar nature is more 'accurate' for want of a better word. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeacUwUfYRY
johndoe
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by johndoe »

Ok, I know this thread is kind of old. But here it goes. What I would like to see is a video showing chow to create interesting sequences in techno tracks. How the sound is designed and how the sequence was actually built with a keyboard or sequencer. I find coming up with a good sequence is the most difficult for me. I haven't really seen any videos on this topic. If anybody has please let me know. We hear allot of great tracks but the relation of the sequence and how it came to be is a mystery for me. I don't think allot of people want to show this or maybe they just think have a recording of them creating this sequence would be boring?
Im the kind of learner that i need to see how someone does it then it gives me more confidence on how to do it on my own. What do you think michael? Im sure this would help allot of members.

cheers