Magda

idealstandard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by idealstandard »

Nic Synaes wrote:Every topic on this forum is essentially flagging up artists people rate - fine if you don't rate her, (personally I think her productions are superb, but her DJing isn't focussed enough on the dance floor for me) but why not say what you said in the latter post instead of just coming out with some facile shite about her being a girl. I think you hit the nail on the head with the M_Nus remark, it could well be that she is only rated cos she's on M_Nus - but having said that she must have got there for a reason.

BTW I notice you changed the joke to being one about boy bands - way to bring the debate up a level!
Yup, I agree, it's not a matter of "suck" or "cool", it's just that i don't get her style, might be nice to listen at home but i missed the tunes when hearing her in Offenbach.
I cannot talk about her productions skills, since i hardly doubt having ever been able to identify one of her tune (i'm not saying i haven't heard one, it's just that i never bought one)
The joke was bad, alright, and i didn't want to diss her because of her gender, i just wanted to point the fact that she's a popstar as Carl Cox or Sven Väth or whoever you won't feel as insulting, don't you think?
okzbow
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by okzbow »

idealstandard wrote:
Nic Synaes wrote:Every topic on this forum is essentially flagging up artists people rate - fine if you don't rate her, (personally I think her productions are superb, but her DJing isn't focussed enough on the dance floor for me) but why not say what you said in the latter post instead of just coming out with some facile shite about her being a girl. I think you hit the nail on the head with the M_Nus remark, it could well be that she is only rated cos she's on M_Nus - but having said that she must have got there for a reason.

BTW I notice you changed the joke to being one about boy bands - way to bring the debate up a level!
Yup, I agree, it's not a matter of "suck" or "cool", it's just that i don't get her style, might be nice to listen at home but i missed the tunes when hearing her in Offenbach.
I cannot talk about her productions skills, since i hardly doubt having ever been able to identify one of her tune (i'm not saying i haven't heard one, it's just that i never bought one)
The joke was bad, alright, and i didn't want to diss her because of her gender, i just wanted to point the fact that she's a popstar as Carl Cox or Sven Väth or whoever you won't feel as insulting, don't you think?
Magda is ok for warming up, and laidback afterparty sounds.... but she's not a peaktime dj. I've heard her quite a lot, but she never impressed.
Nic Synaes
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Nic Synaes »

idealstandard wrote:

I think saying she is popstar is underestimating exactly how insular and cliquey the minimal scene actually is. It's very easy to sit on this board and think - fifty people on here like Magda, she must be a popstar - but I bet her singles don't sell much more than 5,000 copies, and maybe 50,000 for the album (tops)... if you're referring to style rather than popularity - I'm not sure that's fair either, she seems just as 'underground' as other M_Nus artists in her track selection to me.

Okzbow - I totally agree, with the addition that I think her productions are great and she has impressed me when I've seen her warming up...
Zinthek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Zinthek »

It's always funny when people are saying just how popular Magda and Richie are. Sure they're quite known in our little minimal scene but do you really think anyone else know's who the hell they are?
Nic Synaes
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Nic Synaes »

Zinthek wrote:It's always funny when people are saying just how popular Magda and Richie are. Sure they're quite known in our little minimal scene but do you really think anyone else know's who the hell they are?
Bingo!
532nm
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by 532nm »

magda's not popular because she's a girl. she's popular because she plays the sickest most underground funky techno on the planet.

i can't name a dj with more focused taste or with the dedication to continuosly play as many shows as she does. and to say she's not a dj because she uses a computer is ignorant, she's been killing it with no more two 1200's years before that.

p.s. youre stupid if you call magda a home-listening or warm-up dj. everyone know magda is best enjoyed after people like idealstandard & okzbow leave the party, and make room for the real heads to dance.

:evil:
minidine
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minidine »

My point of view...

I listend the first time to her sound two years ago...it was a small open air festival with maybe 200 people.. she played with ricardo and troy....and since the first second I felt in love with her music... I stood a few meters away so I couldn't see her... I thougt "oh what a music... who's this??" When I walked to the Dj Place I thougt...."Hum, the sound is great....but I think...will she looks like a Bine copy...?!" Then I saw this smart, fresh lady standing on the decks - concentrated and with a smile on her face which melts everything...Wow!! Simply it blends at all.... Since that day I take every chance to visit parties with Magda in the line up...but not because everyone else do that... last year nobody knew her name in Cologne...and when Richie came on stage they jumped and took photos like on a boygroup concert.

Now there is a trend...a young girl mooved to the Lovepark with us...she never saw and heared her but she was sure she would be a magda fan! hihi, she really called it Magda Fan. I've smiled about it....but that makes my love to her music not smaller...

I must confess, at Lovefamily Park she didn't satisfy me...but she had the time from 10 until 12 in the morning...But I was always in Robert Johnson when she played and it always blew me away....
dj-jc
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dj-jc »

Zinthek wrote:It's always funny when people are saying just how popular Magda and Richie are. Sure they're quite known in our little minimal scene but do you really think anyone else know's who the hell they are?

thats the reason she is good and his music is amazing

minimal is not for all the people maybe cause we r nuts or something like that but believe me alot people thinks the minimal tracks r unfinished tracks!!!!! music hard to understand....

and we r lucky lots of people in this forum has a nice taste of music

ask the first proggy guys what happened when global "underground"appear

underground sh!t..... and now the prog guys pays alot of money to see them live .... and pay lot of money for a boxed dj set

(but i hope not) the minimal scene gonna be the same....

and minus & plus 8( one of my favorite record label) gonna be like bedrock or get physical (lol)

please dont......

magda is not the best dj but she is one of my favorites minimal weird and funky like nobody