Magda

idealstandard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by idealstandard »

Zinthek wrote:It's always funny when people are saying just how popular Magda and Richie are. Sure they're quite known in our little minimal scene but do you really think anyone else know's who the hell they are?
Yup, agree with that but just check out the numbers of critics her mix cd has received in the general pres (i'm talking about the german one for example), then compare it to anybody else's release and youll get my idea...
Which doesn't mean she sells alot of them, sure, but when you're getting press support in some free magazines distributed in marts, innit that you're already more known than, say, zip for example.

My two cents, i mean i understand why people might like this type of sounds, not my kinda sh*t as already mentioned (i find it abit too flat and way to drug induced for me, meaning i could possibly listen to it in a club context though i'll get bored in a short time, but it won't cross my mind to listen to "she's a dancing machine" at home, might be too old to get it...)
delayer
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by delayer »

I ve just read the most part of this topic and must say that there are a lot of different opinions when it comes to Magda ... they range from "boring" to "phantastic" .. from "i ll fall asleep" to "groovy"

She's one of the few that I don't have a concrete opinion about ... I really have to be in the right mood to enjoy what she offers and realize that she's making and playing real good stuff (as now -np @ You fm clubnight), but there were times when I came to conclusion that her music just doesn't hit my string, that there's a lack of "something" that could add her to my "favourites".

I'd like to see her live somewhere and make my impression & conclusion come to an end, but she's already having my respect.
Karolina
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Karolina »

definitely you have to listen her live. she impressed me a lot this winter in a club from romania. she's not boring at all, at least for me it was the most energetic set i have ever listened.
Music makes the people come together...
delayer
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by delayer »

Surely I will, as soon as she has a gig here around. I missed her in Slovenia, next time Ill keep my eyes more open. ;)
theclockstrucktwelve
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by theclockstrucktwelve »

It's weird that people read into things so much! Maybe people just need to let loose and go party (IE somewhere she is playing? :) )

BUUUuuut.... for the record, she knows good music and what to do with it. And has fun doing it. These are the only things that matter methinks.

"...Michaelangelo is a PARTY DUDE.. *PAARTEEEEEEE!* "
Fedja
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

magda at k4

Post by Fedja »

we ve sworn not to share the sets from this nite but just found this posted on you tube to refresh memories of this night....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw7oIkCHKck

there is also an interview of magda on www.myspace.com/intosomething

p.s. she has played peak time twice for us and rocked it both times!!!
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

i have downloaded numerous sets from her and found them to be quite hit and miss - like most hyped up djs really.

I think Magda is stupidly over-hyped in fact. Not least by people on this board. Some of the comments of love and admiration I have read here are just plain stoopid - yet I accept she has a certain charm as a DJ personality so I can see why people want to smother her with praise.

Magda for me is a good professional DJ. She played a fantastic set at Kliks, here in Brighton a couple of weeks back. Best guest they've had in ages - had me and all the rest of the club dancing all night. So she did a very good job, just as I had hoped for.

She's come a long way since the first time I saw her play - around the time I had just started to learn to mix. That was 5 years ago. She played at the Zap, Brighton, warming up for Richie on his DE9 Closer to the Edit tour. She couldn't beatmatch for sh!t. I remember thinking how she was only playing cos she was obviously Richie's girlfriend and he was sweeting her up by letting her play at DJing. Richie played an absolute blinder that night. About 4 years later I noticed her name getting around and then in the last year or so she's huge. So if me and her were on the same level back then, I think she's done a lot better than myself in that time. Hmmm, where did I go wrong? I wonder what I could have done differently?

ps. I still reckon Margaret Dygas is sexier
Medik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Medik »

clubfoot wrote:ps. I still reckon Margaret Dygas is sexier
:lol: :lol: :lol: for sure she is... let`s talk about equality... or matter of taste? neverending discussion

:wink:

i also think, that margaret dygas sets the last months were better than magdas (I THINK).

but the same thing in every discussion... i could fly with clouds when i hear livesets of ryan crosson and barem and the next one say no, for me magda sets are unbelievable, what i never could understand... all a matter of taste

she crosses the tastes of manymany people.

for somebody to many...