producing - how to start ?

- ask away
czan
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

producing - how to start ?

Post by czan »

i want to start to engage in reason but i don't have a clue how to work with it :(

what else do i need for producing? are there any helpful tutorials or something else which can ease my work with it?

how did YOU start?

thanks in advance :)
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

just fck around.i wish i had someone to show me how everything is done.
sorgenkind
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by sorgenkind »

the best starting point is the manual. It can be sometimes boring but from my experience is always better to start giving a look at the entire manual, even the sections which might appear more obvious, as every hard/software has its particularity and the way the same thing is done may differ between them.
Once you have read the whole manual you'll be more aware of what, all in all, the software can do, you might even discover things you never thought of.
You need lots of patience too, stress is not your friend when learning something. Push "your" limits, once you know what can be done with a given device, start using it for other goals, just experiment.
See if you can get connected with someone using the same stuff as you and work toghether, show yourselves your workflow, compare, discuss.
An advice: don't fall in the trap of learning more than one thing at a time, better do one thing good and then move to the next that get lost in too much new things.

good luck
czan
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by czan »

cool, thanks for the advices :)

i will ask some friends, i hope they can show me something. thitherto i will experiment a little bit :wink:

one question yet: does a software like reason reach for producing or must i need something else (hardware?)?

bye
sorgenkind
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by sorgenkind »

regarding hardware is more a matter of taste, I personally like using analog synths but that doesn't mean you *need" hardware for producing.
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

how did i start?

When i was 13 years old i made my first beat using nothing but a bass guitar and 2 tape recorders. That sh!t took a long time.
Militikie
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Militikie »

alectric. wrote: one question yet: does a software like reason reach for producing or must i need something else (hardware?)?

bye
you can make great things on reason, but master it in a program like wavelab to give it more feeling. also let reason be a rewire slave from ableton(or a prog like that) to get more options and ways to use plug-ins and stuff on your reason output

have fun
provaznik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by provaznik »

well a brain for starters. :D

also don't get too much too fast. get one piece of hardware or software and learn it inside out, really stretch its capabilities to the max. do your homework then make music, ie read the manual. this will decrease frustration a lot for you when you know where to get the things you want.

and most of all have fun. that is all that matters.

i guess i got into making music because i never enough music that going in the direction that i liked and therefore i had very little music to spin with, and i still don't have much either.