My My

moey
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

My My

Post by moey »

I first heard of My My from the tracklisting of the Someone Else radio dj set on the foundsound website. I have to say, I'm really digging some of his/their tracks that I got off Beatport recently, especially "Klatter"
It reminds me a bit of some Matthew Dear stuff.
Discogs says the names attached to My My are Lee Jones, Nick Hoppner and Carsten Klemann.

Anyone else into My My? Are they all German or what?
v404
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by v404 »

Yeah, the Klatta record was solid but the Serpentine EP that followed was a total dud. I don't even know how they're the same artist they were so noticably unequal in quality. :roll:
tzusing
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tzusing »

not as good as klatta yes. . but a dud no way..not even close...
le K
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by le K »

mymy on circus company soon,
and it's a bomb....
le-K aka Sylvain Garcia French Musician/DJ/Producer
http://www.myspace.com/soulsoleilk
http://soundcloud.com/le-k
raijin
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by raijin »

looking forward to the new release..
Klatta was great.
leeism
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by leeism »

Lee used to be in a band called Hefner, who i believe were signed to Ninja Tunes. Now he's 'done a Berlin', and a good thing too imo. He's British and the other two are German, I think.
jakGALT
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

MY MY

Post by jakGALT »

actually Lee is Hefner. used to be signed to Inertia....MIGHTY dope album he released : residue...was supposed to release follow up like 3 years ago....still waiting!!!

very talented dude
.....word!

www.soundcloud.com/GALTFaculty

GALT|Faculty
JThoma
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by JThoma »

My My was a weird thing for me. On first listen I thought it was one of the best things I'd ever heard. Then I went back to listen before I bought it, and it didn't do anything for me. Then I went back again to check it, just in case I was in a bad mood when I listened to them or something, and I was floored, and tried to get it, and I couldn't find a copy anywhere. So I looked forever to get a copy, got one, and then the last record Serpentine came out and like V404 said it didn't do anything for me. Then I listened again and I thought it was totally rad and was pissed at myself for not buying it, and now I can't find it, and I still can't find it to this day, and it's still rad, Sucks.