Mosaic Reshaped and Unreleased

- open
resolved
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Mosaic Reshaped and Unreleased

Post by resolved »

i've not saved any money. i would have saved money by not buying any records in the first place! if i wanted to i could make money by selling them all, but i don't.

i'm just saying: if a lot of people really want a record, and it's going for ridiculous sums, more often than not it will get some kind of rerelease eventually. very few of these artists have vanished or died, so it's a matter of labels tracking them down and asking them for permission to rerelease.

there are records i've spent big $ on that i fully expect to get a rerelease one day (e.g. sonsine upekah), but you go into it with your eyes open - in every genre of music, classics always come back eventually.
ctadamian
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ctadamian »

I think that son.sine it's available through Bandcamp (digitally ofc): http://sonsine.bandcamp.com/album/nuture-05 .
Carlj
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Carlj »

The Optimus Prime is that good?
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ray parry »

yes its fantastic.

been thinking a lot about the mosaics stuff lately. think im going to bite the bullet and just buy them before the prices get even higher. £40-£80 for a record seems a lot, but I spend that on a pair of trainers that lasts a few months before they are fucked so its not so bad for something i will cherish for a long time to come.
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

ray parry wrote:yes its fantastic.

been thinking a lot about the mosaics stuff lately. think im going to bite the bullet and just buy them before the prices get even higher. £40-£80 for a record seems a lot, but I spend that on a pair of trainers that lasts a few months before they are fucked so its not so bad for something i will cherish for a long time to come.
but if you receive a copy where the background noise is so huge that you actually don't really wanna play it on parties, the record is useless.. plus it will give you a headache when you receive it and certainly no joy when listening!

on the other hand, i'm with you that this is probably getting even more expensive in the future and it's not a lot of money compared to other stuff..

i just bought ear protection for 200€.. (that's totally worth it tho :D )
resolved
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by resolved »

the only mosaic i have ever had an issue with surface noise wise is white belly... where the whole run is fucked.

and yeah ray the clothes comparison is the one i always use to justify expenaive records.
. 40 quid barely even buys you a jumper
pastapiu
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pastapiu »

resolved wrote:the only mosaic i have ever had an issue with surface noise wise is white belly... where the whole run is fucked.

You mean the complete pressing? Mine sounds just fine actually.
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by deccard »

roland wrote:
ray parry wrote:yes its fantastic.

but if you receive a copy where the background noise is so huge that you actually don't really wanna play it on parties, the record is useless.. plus it will give you a headache when you receive it and certainly no joy when listening!

on the other hand, i'm with you that this is probably getting even more expensive in the future and it's not a lot of money compared to other stuff..

i just bought ear protection for 200€.. (that's totally worth it tho :D )
kinda expensive...got my fittet ones with quality filters for 160 €
techno made me do it