lomography

- open
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

adam wrote:

not much of a guess, I just know that stuff a lot.

I do like the shots though, nice scenes and whatnot.
Check ebay for cameras too. A nice (and relatively easy + cheap to get) camera to do things with is the Fed5. I don't own one personally but want to pick one up when I get around to it. There are lots of Fed5s and similar variants. The reason for getting the original LCA/Lomo camera though is because of it's light sensor thing and automatic exposure business. If you are going to shoot in relatively good light anyway or want to learn exposure stuff a bit more, there are lots of cameras that will do the trick and maybe even give you something you like better. The thing about all film cameras is they each have their own kind of individual characteristics, and have common characteristics as well and knowing these things allow for a half science/half art approach to taking unique photographs.
yah, i did check ebay, some guy from hong kong is selling shitload of lomos. i spoke to joel about it and he also reccomended lca, but it's kinda too espencive for me at this moment. So.. i thought to get holga for now and maybe sell canon powershot pro1, then buy a lca. is there and major difference between lca and holga? what's Fed5?
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

plaster wrote:
adam wrote:

not much of a guess, I just know that stuff a lot.

I do like the shots though, nice scenes and whatnot.
Check ebay for cameras too. A nice (and relatively easy + cheap to get) camera to do things with is the Fed5. I don't own one personally but want to pick one up when I get around to it. There are lots of Fed5s and similar variants. The reason for getting the original LCA/Lomo camera though is because of it's light sensor thing and automatic exposure business. If you are going to shoot in relatively good light anyway or want to learn exposure stuff a bit more, there are lots of cameras that will do the trick and maybe even give you something you like better. The thing about all film cameras is they each have their own kind of individual characteristics, and have common characteristics as well and knowing these things allow for a half science/half art approach to taking unique photographs.
yah, i did check ebay, some guy from hong kong is selling shitload of lomos. i spoke to joel about it and he also reccomended lca, but it's kinda too espencive for me at this moment. So.. i thought to get holga for now and maybe sell canon powershot pro1, then buy a lca. is there and major difference between lca and holga? what's Fed5?

Holga is more challenging to use, partly because of the type of film used. I haven't used mine a lot because it's hard to get developed where I am from. 35mm is the best to start with probably. Fed5 is just a solid 35mm camera with great russian optics, solid construction, tons of nifty little features and they are real cheap. LCA is easiest to use, most difficult to master (to borrow an old cliche). They are getting pretty pricey too. You can get a similar look out of a Fed5 but it might require learning a bit more about exposure and aperture and things (which is actually fun once you get past the initial orientation/learning stages). Don't sell a digital camera to get one of these though. Bad idea. Keep the powershot around for all the pictures you want to take that you don't want to waste film on or for really generic purposes when you need a digital picture in a hurry. I own like 16 film cameras now and I can't tell you how many times i've needed a digital.
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

adam wrote:

Holga is more challenging to use, partly because of the type of film used. I haven't used mine a lot because it's hard to get developed where I am from. 35mm is the best to start with probably. Fed5 is just a solid 35mm camera with great russian optics, solid construction, tons of nifty little features and they are real cheap. LCA is easiest to use, most difficult to master (to borrow an old cliche). They are getting pretty pricey too. You can get a similar look out of a Fed5 but it might require learning a bit more about exposure and aperture and things (which is actually fun once you get past the initial orientation/learning stages). Don't sell a digital camera to get one of these though. Bad idea. Keep the powershot around for all the pictures you want to take that you don't want to waste film on or for really generic purposes when you need a digital picture in a hurry. I own like 16 film cameras now and I can't tell you how many times i've needed a digital.
i thought holga uses a regular 35mm film..what type is it..i mean, what's the diference in developing 35mm one and the one holga uses? well, i'm going to vienna in june, hopefuly i'll buy lca or fed5 as you told,, cos i think developing holga films won't be easy in croatia too. err, thanks for the tip about not selling the dijital..i just might take it.

i got this russian zorki 4 camera, actually two of em and they look exactly the same as Image this fed one.

by the way..is fed5 also lomo compatible?
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.