Re: good mixer

combination thread.
simonb
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by simonb »

Themis wrote:92 is for home use just silly, its just wasting money in my opinion :)
Haha I agree but I know a few people who have them, good to get the hang of if you intend to play in a lot of clubs I guess!
dashbad
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by dashbad »

I'll go against the grain and heartily recommend the xone:32. The gains on the back don't bother me at all, in fact its quite intuitive once you get used to it - neither am i bothered by controlling the filter with a fader vs a knob.

What I like about it is the sound quality is top notch and the faders and knobs feel great. Overall I think the build quality is very high, along with the A&H sound (the filter is lush at hi q) easily justifies the relatively high price (for a simple 3 channel mixer).

Never used the LFO or filter memory functions so can't talk to them.

Channel LEDs are a little limited but still usable.

Of course the 42/92 have better features but are also a shitload more expensive. For 2 or 3 channel use at home or small parties the xone 32 is great imo.

Oh and I've had mine for getting on for 6 years and it's still rock solid.
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

Ecler all the way. I will have one as my next dj mixer. I've used to 92 quite a bit and it's pretty nice. I like it a lot more than the Pioneer DJM's. I don't like the 4 band EQ though. I just don't feel like the mid range needs to be split.

Ecler's are built very well, sound good and have the best ergonomics imo. Why A&H continue to make mixers with these tiny ass fuckin knobs blows my mind. I don't think they have a filter, but you could always get a stand alone filter. The A&H filter isn't anything to write home about to be honest.
pastapiu
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pastapiu »

Phase Ghost, do you have an example of such a stand alone filter? Thanks
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ray parry »

are the small ecler mixers decent? i have had a xone32 for the last 10 years, but its totally fucked now. all the channels are leaking and the inputs at the back are broken.

looking at getting this - Ecler Nuo 2.0 Mixer

anyone have one?
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

pastapiu wrote:Phase Ghost, do you have an example of such a stand alone filter? Thanks
Moog Low Pass Filter, Sherman Filterbank, Frostwave Resonator or you could do a small modular filter setup. Honestly dude, the Xone mixers are nice. A good friend and a hell of a dj uses the filters to mix tracks almost exclusively. I've never owned a mixer with filters, so I never never really used them myself.

I will stand by my endorsement of the Ecler mixers. They are proper proper dj mixers and really great designs.
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

ray parry wrote:are the small ecler mixers decent? i have had a xone32 for the last 10 years, but its totally fucked now. all the channels are leaking and the inputs at the back are broken.

looking at getting this - Ecler Nuo 2.0 Mixer

anyone have one?
The Nuo 2.0 is the one I'm looking at next. I wish it wasn't so thin, but I could get used to it. They remind me of Rane mixers actually.
Barfunkel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Barfunkel »

The Nuos are nice and sound good, but every single one I've used have had crackly/not working cue buttons after a while. Don't know if they've fixed the problem, but I've seen enough Nuo's to know that it is a real problem.