Dependant & Happy Four!

- wax
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Re: Dependant & Happy Four!

Post by Themis »

i talked to the customer service at deejay.de, and as far as i understand it, they got a contingent for 65 and after that another contingent for 99.

i wrote another email, maybe they shed a little light into the recent price mechanics.

EDIT: i got another mail, basically it went like that, they got a contingent from perlon for 65. this was rapidly sold. Then they bought more Boxes but not directly from Perlon, they bought it from other shops - so of course they add again something to make profit.

i dont know why they do something like that, buying from non distributors - but it pays apparently.

but the important thing is, he also said: this only happens with limited releases. easy way out of this is to press as much as you can sell.
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

Themis wrote:so of course they add again something to make profit.
34 euros? :lol:

I call bullshit.
And we're yet to see this box-set appear in other shops.
Themis wrote:but the important thing is, he also said: this only happens with limited releases. easy way out of this is to press as much as you can sell.
I didn't know that Cap. Obvious was working at deejay.de
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

to be honest i also find it quite strange with this "box" release.

thats what he wrote in the mail, i can imagine that they do not only buy from big distributions. maybe they get offered a handfull of this and that for a higher price, and they add again 5-10 euro and sell it.

but i feel you cannot generalize this kind of thing. we dont know what happens in the background. when juno changes its prices up and a week later down again thats maybe a completly different thing, than a shop who buys a handfull backstock from some second hand seller for a higher price.
taff
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by taff »

blizt wrote:Can you imagine Madonna doing his next album vinyl only limited to 500 copies? It's dumb, it's only trying to hype up stuff.
:!:
blizt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by blizt »

Themis wrote:to be honest i also find it quite strange with this "box" release.

thats what he wrote in the mail, i can imagine that they do not only buy from big distributions. maybe they get offered a handfull of this and that for a higher price, and they add again 5-10 euro and sell it.

but i feel you cannot generalize this kind of thing. we dont know what happens in the background. when juno changes its prices up and a week later down again thats maybe a completly different thing, than a shop who buys a handfull backstock from some second hand seller for a higher price.
Maybe I have a odd way of thinking but when you normally do packages like that is to make a discount on the whole thing, that way is more appealing for consumers, instead they raise the price: "Big offer! Buy now 10 records and pay 12!". I have spent no more than 50 euros to have all 4 parts... But hey you never know silly germans... -twisted
fseq
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by fseq »

Roy Koch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Roy Koch »

fseq wrote:back in stock at juno @ £11.75

http://www.juno.co.uk/ppps/products/479390-01.htm
Not added - out of stock: VILLALOBOS, Ricardo - Dependent & Happy Part 4 (1 per customer) [Perlon Germany - limited to 300 copies 12" - €13.55] This item is currently out of stock

:cry: :( :(
fseq
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by fseq »

Roy Koch wrote:
fseq wrote:back in stock at juno @ £11.75

http://www.juno.co.uk/ppps/products/479390-01.htm
Not added - out of stock: VILLALOBOS, Ricardo - Dependent & Happy Part 4 (1 per customer) [Perlon Germany - limited to 300 copies 12" - €13.55] This item is currently out of stock

:cry: :( :(
try again, it's still there. just got my "back-in-stock" email too.