dj's, producers & unreleased tracks

- open
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

dj's, producers & unreleased tracks

Post by plaster »

i think this could be an interresting topic to see what dj's and producers think about this matter. everyone knows that madga, riche and the gang are playing most of unreleased tracks, which is an important part of the cycle. so, i'm thinking how do dj's feel about getting ahold of unreleased tracks and how do producers? i started to think that most of the producers really miss the whole point of marketing by giving unreleased tracks to dj's around the globe for the sake of exposure. yet, most dj's think that once they have a white label or mp3 from an unreleased track is something to show off to their fellow co-workers. getting a record deal is just one part of the whole process...most of us only think of how to get on a "12, without going to parties or contacting dj's to play out our music before it was even released.

- same thing goes with EP's...noone ever does albums, what's the deal with that! instant bliss or am i missing out something? what ever happened to theme releases like drexciya, with water people!
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dsat »

the minus gang playing unreleased tracks till you simply heard enough of it
and it gets released and you can't really play it anymore since everyone and his dog heard it already a million times... it kind of blows for me
promoting a track before it's release is of course very important promotion-wise, just don't exaggerate

as to albums... i want the album to come back
i like listening to an album, the whole concept, the progression, ...
i miss that, just a bunch of tracks don't make an album, there has to be a concept behind it...
Zinthek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Zinthek »

The time that the EP's are released almost everyone is allready tired of hearing the track. So when beginning DJ's (That is, DJ's who don't have the connections yet to get unreleased tracks) finally can buy the EP's and play them, nobody want's to hear 'em anymore because the big guys are allready playing other tracks.
Although on the other hand, I can't really blame the famous dj's for spinning these records.
But it is an annoying matter.

Never really liked albums though.
I prefer EP's. I don't like spending €20 on a record from wich you're only gonna play 2 tracks.
Karolina
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Karolina »

because of all unreleased tracks sometimes my friends or djs just won't share some sets or promo mixes. it's like going crazy after music and yeah music becomes like smtn totally religious.
Music makes the people come together...
mayzee
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mayzee »

dsat wrote: i miss that, just a bunch of tracks don't make an album, there has to be a concept behind it...
agree with that 110%

8)
Phreak
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Phreak »

Karolina wrote:because of all unreleased tracks sometimes my friends or djs just won't share some sets or promo mixes. it's like going crazy after music and yeah music becomes like smtn totally religious.
That is so true.. totally agree

About the more famous djs, well as Zinthek said..you can't blame em they are only human & they to wanna know how the croud reacts.They even took it so far that now it's all gonna be about the whitelabels/unreleased tracks instead of having a good classic or hard to get ep.Ah well you can't stop the media?
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

dsat wrote:the minus gang playing unreleased tracks till you simply heard enough of it
and it gets released and you can't really play it anymore since everyone and his dog heard it already a million times... it kind of blows for me
promoting a track before it's release is of course very important promotion-wise, just don't exaggerate

as to albums... i want the album to come back
i like listening to an album, the whole concept, the progression, ...
i miss that, just a bunch of tracks don't make an album, there has to be a concept behind it...
Although if you're not a known producer and you get your very first track burnt by Hawtin, I tell you, it's not a loss. It opens doors for the next thing.
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

pheek wrote:
Although if you're not a known producer and you get your very first track burnt by Hawtin, I tell you, it's not a loss. It opens doors for the next thing.

i think the same thing will be with kabale&liebe.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.