Re: Raw & Rare Pt. 2

Post by BraZen »

cool thx, what is this track @ 18 min please
dmp
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dmp »

It's Daniel Lui ‎– Big Smoke Nights (Stéphane Vera Remix) on Chair Recordings (2000).
BraZen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by BraZen »

dmp wrote:It's Daniel Lui ‎– Big Smoke Nights (Stéphane Vera Remix) on Chair Recordings (2000).
thx
dirddey_iddler
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dirddey_iddler »

raw and rare.. especially rare has always a stale smack of a hit parade.

don`t want to critise your work, its just that in the past records from labels like elevate(us), 7th City, Trelik, Mosaic, Chair, Driftwood, Norm Talley, Theo Parrish, DBX, Optimus Prime, Thor, etc. to name just the famous ones were so often played by people without ambitions (expensive records are easy to find, just know how to use discogs right), the thought of "expensive must be good" or just to show that you have this record.

Represses today acting in a similar kind and manner, with such a thing a rare record becomes unintersting, boring as well. I dont want say that all represses are bad, just for those who missed that record its great. When a label starts their own repressing is much straighter as licences. But in total i think its better to keep the secrets, to keep the quality.

Of course Ricardo, Zip, Daniel Bell, Tanaka play this stuff when it was their (own) stuff from their time. But when others, whole generations, make this moves again its just a imitation of only a small circle of inventors of this special sound.

sadly the myth is over, remember on times back when i found those records on flea markets or records fair for less then 10€. Nowadays looking forward satisfies the same like digging records 10 years ago.
dmp
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dmp »

Thanks for your philosophic thoughts...
Actually it's supposed to be just a concept mix with an appropriate selection of personal favs. I don't really care if it's a "hit parade" to some geeks or if some tracks have been played by some popstar DJs - honestly I don't even know in most cases ;-)
My upcoming mixes will probably be completely different to this. It's just something I wanted to work out once. Nothing else.

You wrote so many lines about Ricardo, represses and flea markets but did not say a word about the MIX itself! How does that come?
Did you have a listen to it actually?

I think there is much more to rate in a mix than just if an included track is supposedly high in demand or not, don't you think?
Also having said that there are many tracks included you can get for little money ...

btw. you can also check out my SC profile for other mixes --> http://soundcloud.com/dietermitplatten
I post new stuff every few months.
tsankip
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tsankip »

Really liked the previous one! Started listening to this, but had to leave house or something like that. Will listen to it again soon..the beginning of the mix was very promising.
dmp
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dmp »

Thanks Paul!
Glad you like it!!