[CA] Mutek 2006 | 31-05/01-06 | Montreal

any
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

[CA] Mutek 2006 | 31-05/01-06 | Montreal

Post by pheek »

Mutek Montreal, Canada / May 31 to June 4

For the 7th Edition of its Montreal Festival, MUTEK is preparing a hearty stew of content comprising many familiar faces and up and coming names! Like every year, expect more new discoveries, with a host of artists garnering attention on the international scene who will be making their North American debut at this year's Festival.

MUTEK 2006 will explore the similitudes and the links that can be established between Berlin and Montreal, through a collaboration with Berlin-based Club TransMediale (CTM) - Festival for Adventurous Music and Related Visual Arts.

Berlin and Montreal are two cultural metropolises that share several things in common. Notably, the two are both creative hubs within their regional and even continental contexts. This is analogous to the Club TransMediale / MUTEK relationship, exemplified in the last edition of the CTM Festival: last February, MUTEK was invited to participate in a full day's activities and gatherings under the banner INTERLACE, dedicated specifically to the interweaving of the networks associated with our respective events.

MUTEK chose the notions of interlacing and networking as a source of inspiration for its 2006 edition. This focus will help illuminate and solidify the rapport between Berlin and Montreal. Ultimately, we aim to collectively thrive off the ramifications of our mutual events and the networks that define us. Many elements of MUTEK 2006 will thus revolve around this dimension.

The first wave of confirmed performers include:
ALEX UNDER — Spain
AUDIO WERNER — Germany
CLARK - UK
DANDY JACK — Chile
DIMBIMAN — Germany
GUIDO SCHNEIDER — Germany
JACKSON AND HIS COMPUTER BAND — France
JAN JELINEK — Germany
HENRIK SCHWARTZ — Germany
MARC LECLAIR (AKUFEN) — Canada
MODESELEKTOR — Germany
NOZE — France
PIERRE BASTIEN — France
RYOICHI KUROKAWA — Japan
SKOLTZ_KOLGEN — Canada
SONJA MOONEAR — Switzerland
STEPHEN BEAUPRÉ — Canada
TBA — Georgia
THOMAS BRINKMANN — Germany
+ many more to come

The professional segment of the festival (MUTEK_INTERSECTION), featuring panels, workshops and clinics, will be presented in cooperation with M-Audio, Ableton and Roland.

Activities will take place at EX-CENTRIS (www.ex-centris.com), the Society for Arts and Technology (www.sat.qc.ca), the Darling Foundry (www.quartierephemere.org), the Monument National, Metropolis, and Parc Jean-Drapeau (www.parcjeandrapeau.com).

For the TOTAL FESTIVAL EXPERIENCE, festivalgoers can take advantage of the online presale to obtain a MUTEK_PASSPORT, by logging onto our new festival website starting April 10th.

http://www.mutek.ca
anti---
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by anti--- »

:shock:
this is a block of text.
smith
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by smith »

I'm looking forward to this. I haven't been able to hit more than a single afternoon/night of shows for a few years, and I'm planning on enjoying the entire festival this year.

,g
Cotumo
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Cotumo »

I'd love to be there :shock:
shypht
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by shypht »

A large number of those people I've never heard of.
But ya know - I dont care, I like being exposed to new stuff.
If I can get the funds for a trip upto montreal for this, I really want to go this year.
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

shypht wrote:A large number of those people I've never heard of.
But ya know - I dont care, I like being exposed to new stuff.
If I can get the funds for a trip upto montreal for this, I really want to go this year.
I really like when there's a combo of known figures and obscure artists. You can totally rely on Mutek's musical tastes to pick up the best demos. This year's edition could be last so they're booking a lot of big names. I'm not sure if it's confirmed but I think there might be a Minus showcase as well as some very cool artists I'm not allowed to name yet. :oops:
Cans
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Cans »

i'm really surprised to see some of those names on there.................................................................................... this is where i'd put the emoticon of me puking on my chest
fun tasia
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by fun tasia »

very nice line-up guys...Noze's live is actually amazing!! Mutek i may not come but i ll send representatives...haha haa