Monotron Duo & Delay

all things related.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Monotron Duo & Delay

Post by steevio »

zentex wrote:
sure that's the thing with these, they're noisy as hell, you get that real analogue hiss...it is a plus imo :)
i dont know what you mean by analogue hiss, everything in my studio is analogue and non of it hisses in the slightest, infact if it did i wouldnt use it.

its a misconception that analogue gear hisses
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

oblioblioblio wrote:most of my analogue gear is designed for almost 100% signal to noise ratio, or at least aiming for it. The noisiest stuff I have is digital.

You aren't going to hear the difference between 1/4" and 1/8" jacks / cables. You might want to consider it, but you aren't going to hear it.
so true... i wouldn't call associate noise with analogue by default, just poor product design.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
zentex
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by zentex »

steevio wrote:
zentex wrote:
sure that's the thing with these, they're noisy as hell, you get that real analogue hiss...it is a plus imo :)
i dont know what you mean by analogue hiss, everything in my studio is analogue and non of it hisses in the slightest, infact if it did i wouldnt use it.

its a misconception that analogue gear hisses
oh i didn't mean ALL analogue gear hisses ;)

just the hiss produced by these units is constant, which gives kinda gives it a nice character, imo.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

zentex wrote:oh i didn't mean ALL analogue gear hisses ;)
Come on! We all know what you are saying and you are WRONG! :lol: :lol: j/k lolol. hahah...

kinda want that delay now though haha... but i got so many pedals doesn't really make sense anymore.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
pafufta816
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pafufta816 »

i swear by the hiss they make. it is beautiful. i have a track coming up on a compilation for cold tear, every instrument channel was run through my monotron and i will post a link soon when it released. so you can hear the wonderful analogue warmth it gives off.
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

hydrogen wrote:
zentex wrote:oh i didn't mean ALL analogue gear hisses ;)
Come on! We all know what you are saying and you are WRONG! :lol: :lol: j/k lolol. hahah...

kinda want that delay now though haha... but i got so many pedals doesn't really make sense anymore.

Trust me when I say this man, you want the Delay, it is amazing and its own beat. I have pedals, outboard fx everywhere and I reach for the character of this delay more than most others I have. It really is unique, and the noise is part of the character.

pafufta816 wrote:i swear by the hiss they make. it is beautiful. i have a track coming up on a compilation for cold tear, every instrument channel was run through my monotron and i will post a link soon when it released. so you can hear the wonderful analogue warmth it gives off.
I can't agree with this enough, I have all the monotrons and a monotribe and I love them even when put against all my other analog gear. Its cheap and has character I don't see how you can go wrong.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

i might get the delay. its about the only thing i can afford right now.
pafufta816
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pafufta816 »

for $60 you cannot regret buying one. i like to carry mine with me, and run my android phone into it (using caustic, a great 5 synth and 1 drum machine sequencer app). i've been using this setup for my recent productions too, the monotron gives the sounds a nice warm analogue type compression.