Vynil record stores in London

- open
arthy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Vynil record stores in London

Post by arthy »

Hi mates,

I'm travelling in London this coming weekend.
I'm looking for some good vynil record stores in the city.
My influences/style for DJs/Producers/Labels are: Arpiar, Anton Zap, Delano Smith, Ricardo Villalobos, Arnaud le texier, catz n dogz Steve Bug, Kerry chandler, ron trent, chez damier, lovebirds, manuel tur, Moodyman +++, mountain people, move d, mr g, inland knight, pan pot, shatrax, maurizio, audio werner, blaze, david alvarado, black jack consortium, bon&rau, boo williams, brothers vibe, cassy, damian schwartz, etc

Thanks in advance for your help !
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Vynil record stores in London

Post by tone-def »

Phonica and Black Market are the best places for vinyl. they are only round the corner from each other too.
Last edited by tone-def on Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
resolved
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by resolved »

phonica and black market are fine but just stock the same records you can get off the internet. check out the soul and dance exchange at notting hill gate for secondhand stuff. its best days are behind it (thanks to discogs i guess) but you still find the odd gem there. (helps if you live in the city and can check regularly).
ciypriyan
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ciypriyan »

try juno.. they have for sure what are you looking for, you need only to have patience and time for searchin`
sergitt
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by sergitt »

i can suggest

http://www.vinylpimp.co.uk/

east london, not far from new stratford zone..good connection with the rest of the City!

the classical store where you spend maybe an entire day, but u can find a lot of bombs @ knockdown prices! ;)
simonb
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by simonb »

resolved wrote:phonica and black market are fine but just stock the same records you can get off the internet. check out the soul and dance exchange at notting hill gate for secondhand stuff. its best days are behind it (thanks to discogs i guess) but you still find the odd gem there. (helps if you live in the city and can check regularly).
There's a lot of these Music & Video Exchanges dotted about, I was in the Camden Town one recently and got a few bargains, nice tracks, nothing amazing but definitely some records I'd play at some point.

I second Phonica and Black Market. Yes it's mostly new stuff you could buy off Juno but it's nice to go to a proper shop and talk to the staff and all that!

Rough Trade is worth a visit too, I only really know the East End one but it's great if you're into more than just techno (although in saying that it has a respectable selection of new techno releases too...)
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

honest jons is also good. i started shopping their recently, because they are so nice.

other then that i go to the exchange in notting hill, but i rinsed it last month so wont be going back for sometime.

i hear good things about kristina also, but again stuff that you can get online.
tsankip
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tsankip »

check out kristina records too

edit: just saw it being mentioned already