Bitwig Studio

- ask away
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Bitwig Studio

Post by AK »

Shepherd_of_Anu wrote: I hope people support it because success might encourage other software companies to bring their software to Linux.. cough, cough... Adobe, looking your way!
You could just buy every copy and they will think it's selling like hotcakes...
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

Ha! Its like you are ripping a page straight out of the Beatport 10 Ten Producer's marketing guide... but at least its for a good cause in this case.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

would be great to see this running on linux. it really is the future computing platform.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
skept
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by skept »

i am very excited about this. this part seems especially interesting: Native modular system. no more plogue bidule! since i switched to arch linux as my main *nix os all i can think is how perfectly suited it would be for building a lean music making machine. i originally used the word "stripped back" but the beauty of arch is never getting all that bloat to begin with. also, i recently switched to dwm which is about the least resource intensive wm i've ever seen. with everything that i would need (except bitwig) installed and my audio interface working with alsa i am barely scratching the surface of my ram. all that plus not having to use windows or macos means that i am considerably excited for this product. i just hoped its priced in a manner i can afford. with the money i've invested in ableton it currently feels difficult to walk away from.
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

For anyone running linux, this is out for Linux only: http://dinisnoise.org/

It looks really cool. I wish my soundcard worked on Ubuntu.
samirnedzamar
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by samirnedzamar »

for some reason this really annoys me. I don't know fully the relationship between bitwig's developers and ableton, but imagine if they worked to integrate all of bitwig's "new" features into live instead of creating an entirely new product? of course, there's more money to be made by selling a lot of different mediocre products than a few good ones, but this is ridiculous.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

samirnedzamar wrote:for some reason this really annoys me. I don't know fully the relationship between bitwig's developers and ableton, but imagine if they worked to integrate all of bitwig's "new" features into live instead of creating an entirely new product? of course, there's more money to be made by selling a lot of different mediocre products than a few good ones, but this is ridiculous.
When I read about it, it said 'former' Ableton developers. So presumably, they don't work for Ableton any longer and hence they're creating a new bit of software...
samirnedzamar
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by samirnedzamar »

true, but it still seems to me ridiculous... the features that distinguish bitwig from other DAWs are things that should be added between updates, at least in my opinion. generic audio tracks, automation per clip and note (which other daws can do), and "device nesting" (aka ableton's device racks) are nothing incredible really- seems like they added a slick GUI and called it a day.