Bitwig Studio

- ask away
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Bitwig Studio

Post by tone-def »

what other DAW's have per note automation? i know cubase does but thats it as far as i know.

Ableton have a monopoly for live laptop performance so it's good to see someone else enter the ring. competition often leads to better products.
samirnedzamar
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by samirnedzamar »

my bad, i dont know about per note, but live has clip editing.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

I can't see any mention of Midi out?
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

Phase Ghost wrote:For anyone running linux, this is out for Linux only: http://dinisnoise.org/

It looks really cool. I wish my soundcard worked on Ubuntu.
Aww, ffs! I had this idea for a long time and I wanted to do this exact type of thing... I have been studying bezier curves just for this purpose. This happens to me all the time. I get some great idea and within a year or two someone does it. I honestly can't count how many times this has happened.
samirnedzamar wrote:for some reason this really annoys me. I don't know fully the relationship between bitwig's developers and ableton, but imagine if they worked to integrate all of bitwig's "new" features into live instead of creating an entirely new product? of course, there's more money to be made by selling a lot of different mediocre products than a few good ones, but this is ridiculous.
Competition is good because when there are only a few players the prices are high while innovation and improvements are low. I always hear Ableton users complaining about how slow they are to add new features and so on... maybe these guys who used to work at ableton just got sick of the procrastination in the board room and decided to just get it done themselves. If that is the case, then kudos to them.
Eragon
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Eragon »

It's out for some time already. Has anyone tried it?
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

Its amazing. Right out of the box... if i had to choose between any software package it would be Bitwig.

Problem is i'm so invested into ableton in terms of workflow. And MAX4LIFE. There were some workflow things that i couldn't get used to and decided I didn't want to buy it. I may reconsider when the modular stuff opens up in v2.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

I haven't used bitwig but I really doubt that the 'modular' bit is going to be a patch ( -urk ) on Max/MSP