>Cwejman BLD maybe ?

I don´t know really,
probably a combination of diff. modules
blizt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Ricardo Kick

Post by blizt »

Oldskoolbunkert wrote:most of Ricardo´s Kicks were build with his modular system,
with a lot of cwejman, doepfer modules.
Ricardo told you that?
blizt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by blizt »

s.k. wrote:amazordrum... i so know this waveform by heart... good luck creating anything even remotely close, it's not that simple.
Haha I thought I was the only one. The kick, perc and bass tones on this one is just wow. Play this track really loud! :D

And i think you just have to assume that Ricardo is a natural talent at creating this kind of sonics, and you dont have to forget he owns thousand of euros in studio and probable some of the best speakers in the world.

It's not that is bad to try recreate a sound, myself I do it lot because I learn tons of things in the process, but dont be frustrated if you dont get close, it's normal. :P
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

why do you think he is a natural talent? the guy makes music for 20 years if not much longer Oo

i also like amazordrum, especially the last 3 minutes, its a unbelievable groove :D
blizt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by blizt »

Themis wrote:why do you think he is a natural talent? the guy makes music for 20 years if not much longer Oo

i also like amazordrum, especially the last 3 minutes, its a unbelievable groove :D
Because his music has always been full of these little details, wonky grooves and stuff like that, it's hard to explain.
Ok, maybe not his very first records.
And look at his output.
And this is not counting all the unreleased tracks and edits that remains on his hard drive.
Of course as the years passes he has gained experience and perfectioned his style, but since alcachofa (2003) you can hear his music full of those sounds.
That's why Im referring to natural talent. Wasn't him one of the pioneer at making this kind sound? Before alcachofa no one was doing what he did, no?
nonplaced
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by nonplaced »

I had a quick look into this; at this risk of sounding contrary, I'm fairly sure that the kick, and the clap sound for that matter, are originally generated by a Korg Electribe. You know, that cheap little thing that Thomas Melchior uses loads. This surprised me a little, as although the ER-1 is all over Alcachofa I'd sort of assumed he'd stopped using it – having, you know, made enough money (or earn a sufficient credit rating) to fund fairly well-documented gear proclivities.

I did a few tests, and after fiddling around for a while I arrived at something I'd call a budget Ricardo kick; that is, a Ricky V kick minus the hugely expensive analogue processing gear, boutique monitoring system and minus having Rashad on board to master your track. There are some interesting essential similarities (more interesting when you consider how basic the ER-1's controls are) – enough to suggest to me that there's a reasonably high likelihood it was sampled out of an ER-1 and then processed (even if he ditched the thing itself, it's entirely plausible there are still such things in his sample library or whatever). Perhaps pitched down a little + EQ'd with a fair chunk of the midrange in the 'click' cut out, then processed with god-knows-what and mixed to tape. Then mastered by Rashad Becker.

Rein
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rein »

nice!
Bionic_Eye
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Bionic_Eye »

good looking