SH-101 Mains Hum

- ask away
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: SH-101 Mains Hum

Post by AK »

Wait, changing the width of the pulse has got me the result. There's a setting on the MD impluse machine which ( presumably ) alters its width. A setting of 86 on 'UP' triggers it perfectly. ( just in case someone else happened to try it, thought I'd mention it )
gowans
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by gowans »

AK wrote:It randomizes a bit. It will play say 16ths for say 5 steps ( but this seems to be random ) , then hang/pause on a note and off it goes again. So it's locked in, it's just note getting every 16th.
pretty much what im getting! i smashed the volume up from my rimshot seems to work better so it definitely is the signal, im just confused how to sequence other notes rather one note going dur dur dur dur in 16th's i want like 3-4 notes. but when i add more notes it goes all messed up and polyrhythmic, i wanna program 4 notes in my midi line and then sequence 4 notes from 101, but it sounds messed?
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Mate, try this: http://www.mediafire.com/?4e2d75h7gbh515d

It's what I'm using sent from my Machinedrum, I just sampled it to look at it but you may as well try it to see if it works for you. It's bang on now for me, locked in and totally soild. If I add swing on the machinedrum, the 101 follows. It's now playing the patterns as they should be. I can only assume something isn't right with the sound you're using but yeah try this and experiment with the volume.
gowans
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by gowans »

cheers bud, will try now : )
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

gowans wrote:
AK wrote: i wanna program 4 notes in my midi line and then sequence 4 notes from 101, but it sounds messed?
What do you mean 4 notes in your midi line? What with the rimshot you were using?

Nah man, check out earlier in the thread. Put 16ths in for your trigger and then program your pattern on the 101:

For example: press load and press a key, press the rest twice, press a key, press the rest twice, press a key, press the rest 3 times, press a key, press the rest 3 times, press a key, press the rest. You should now have a pattern that plays notes on 1,4,7,11,15.

Now on the pattern which is sending the trigger, just fill it up with 16ths. Press play on the 101 and then play on your daw and you should have your 101 pattern playing back.
gowans
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by gowans »

its all working now, it was just the sequencer on the 101 that was confusing me, everythings tight and in time : ) happy days!
gowans
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by gowans »

that sample is much better for me too, thanks mate
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Cool! 8)