What the hell is a 'click loop'?

- ask away
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: What the hell is a 'click loop'?

Post by AK »

simonb wrote:Sounds to me like he's either on about really glitchy early/mid-2000s minimal techno, or the rubbish clacky sort of stuff that Phil Kieren, Dubfire, et al were punting around 2007/08...
Yeah, I know what is meant by it now - although early Trentemoller stuff was used as an example of the little clicks and glitchy minimal type stuff that was out there. I'm not really a fan of Dubfire - too boring musically for me, but Phil Kieran considered sh!t? I think some of his stuff is really interesting. Who would you consider to be noteworthy yourself then?
simonb
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by simonb »

AK wrote:
simonb wrote:Sounds to me like he's either on about really glitchy early/mid-2000s minimal techno, or the rubbish clacky sort of stuff that Phil Kieren, Dubfire, et al were punting around 2007/08...
Yeah, I know what is meant by it now - although early Trentemoller stuff was used as an example of the little clicks and glitchy minimal type stuff that was out there. I'm not really a fan of Dubfire - too boring musically for me, but Phil Kieran considered sh!t? I think some of his stuff is really interesting. Who would you consider to be noteworthy yourself then?
Phil Kieren's done some great stuff, no doubt. It's just that I've heard a few sets from him from that period that mostly consisted of those sort of tracks.
agodi
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by agodi »

Is it not a reference to those cliched clicky tracks played by hawtin etc. You know the tracks with the multi layered, short, blipy, clicky samples where the only element that has any sort of release is the giant steam build!
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

its not rocket science to identify these... classic right here.

I much prefer gaiser or troy peirce over 99% of the dance music out there... so tell your friend to f off. :D
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest