iZotope Ozone 5 discount

Post by lem »

hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: iZotope Ozone 5 discount

Post by hydrogen »

Are there any diehard ozone users here?

I have an ala carte mastering setup with different compressors/limiters and eq's. Comprised of Melda, PSP, Voxengo stuff...
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

I don't know, i have been toying with the idea of getting it for some time. I thought the discount made it more atractive. might b useful to someone else.

Mastering is always sonething i struggle with using my daw plugins.
What psp plugins do you use? have been tempted by them also but have heard mixed reviews of them.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

NobleQ and Oldtimer
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

lem wrote:I don't know, i have been toying with the idea of getting it for some time. I thought the discount made it more atractive. might b useful to someone else.

Mastering is always sonething i struggle with using my daw plugins.
What psp plugins do you use? have been tempted by them also but have heard mixed reviews of them.
I've used 2 and 3. I really enjoy the multiple features/combinations that you can use with this.
manzatour
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by manzatour »

mastering is an art
i think this plugin can be useful for "quick mastering"... let's say you have played a liveset and want to put the recording online, but not for proper quality mastering.
most of the mastering made nowadays is rubbish, maybe because of the democratisation of music production, which has not only benefits
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

manzatour wrote:mastering is an art
i think this plugin can be useful for "quick mastering"... let's say you have played a liveset and want to put the recording online, but not for proper quality mastering.
most of the mastering made nowadays is rubbish, maybe because of the democratisation of music production, which has not only benefits
I think any plugin can be useful for mastering, ozone being highly cabable of mastering 'art'.
I wouldn't blame a plugin for the current state of mastering trends.
The tool is a tool, the art comes from within.

I didn't really want this thread to become a big mastering debate, I was just hoping to save someone a few quid.
manzatour
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by manzatour »

lem wrote:
manzatour wrote:mastering is an art
I think any plugin can be useful for mastering, ozone being highly cabable of mastering 'art'.
I wouldn't blame a plugin for the current state of mastering trends.
The tool is a tool, the art comes from within.

I didn't really want this thread to become a big mastering debate, I was just hoping to save someone a few quid.
yup! hijacking the thread was not my intention...
what i wanted to say is that plugins like these tend to promise easy mastering, and mastering is not easy at all
the plugin offers good tools to make the job, but for this you also need trained ear, technical knowledge, trial/error experience, and good listening environment
my negative comment was effectively influenced by the current mastering trends.
and this offer has actually an excellent value/price ratio