[Archipel 002] Jesse Somfay - A Closing Out of the Sky

- wax
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

[Archipel 002] Jesse Somfay - A Closing Out of the Sky

Post by pheek »

Archipel brings in Jesse Somfay for his first solo 12", "A Closing Out of the Sky" on the label's vinyl series. Jesse Somfay is a newcomer in the electronic dance music release scene but is no stranger to making quality music laced with infectious rhythms, melodies and mental effects.

The title track, "A Closing Out of the Sky" is a gentle yet bass heavy percussive epic which builds slowly so it is perfect for the more delicate moments on the floor or listening at home.

Half way through the track there is a clearing in Jesse's forest of percussion which leads way to a flourishing guitar crescendo inspired by space rock and shoegaze bands such as Explosions in the Sky, Sigur Ros, Slowdive and My Bloody Valentine.

With "Lying in a Bed of Mist" Jesse continues this percussive journey with psychedelic effects and dreamy and euphoric interludes of melody ready to hypnotise.

This will be released in the upcoming month with audio previews soon!

http://www.archipel.cc
Mirza
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Mirza »

Waiting for it...

I m still in love on his track on the 001, listen about it all day :shock: :twisted:
Petar
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Petar »

i love you guys :oops: no. 1 is one of my favourite vinyls ever, cant wait to hear this one...
btw pheek your use with care ep is fantastic, i was listening that few days and i cant believe how good you made it :D
its a result of cooperating with jesse IMO

like i sayed: I LOVE YOU GUYS 8)
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

Petar wrote:i love you guys :oops: no. 1 is one of my favourite vinyls ever, cant wait to hear this one...
btw pheek your use with care ep is fantastic, i was listening that few days and i cant believe how good you made it :D
its a result of cooperating with jesse IMO

like i sayed: I LOVE YOU GUYS 8)
Jesse and I never made any music together, we just shared space on the record with each other's individual tracks. :wink:
thanks for the good words!
Petar
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Petar »

hehe,sory 4 my mistake about cooperating.
...but you listened to his track on 1. ep /and some more of his work,i think/ that can be some kind of influnce,this is what i wanted to say .
:wink:
entropy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by entropy »

Well, this i think will be nice!
Certainly good for Jesse, his first very own :D
"So the kids take a pill to feel the funk and the DJ takes a pill to feel the funk. I don't take a pill to feel the funk." (Derrick May)
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

Short samples (his songs are looooong so don't let you fool):

a1
b1
butane
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by butane »

just got the promo from distro..

sounds excellent!! I especially like the b-side.