mnml moderator

Re: modular etc etc

Post by Themis »

tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

I've really enjoyed both modular threads. I don't understand all the negativity about modular. I've started one and don't think I'll be looking back!

It's a shame you're moving on steevio. I'll pick your brains about modular stuff via suzybee's Facebook. :)
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

the search master has spoken..
thank you... now we can move it into the sub forum to simmer..
and thank you for the suggestion to find it, Im sure it has a ton of resources..
:-flower

you have a lot to offer in this side of the forum.. perhaps we can have a subform with all your mega threads..
I'm sure there is a lot of information shared that other users could get incite from as well.
:)
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

tone-def wrote:I've really enjoyed both modular threads. I don't understand all the negativity about modular. I've started one and don't think I'll be looking back!

It's a shame you're moving on steevio. I'll pick your brains about modular stuff via suzybee's Facebook. :)
i'll probably keep sticking my head in the modular subforum where its safe from trolls ;) every now and then in case there's something i can help with. just got to keep away from the main production forum, and i havent got much spare time at the moment.
blue lantern modules
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by blue lantern modules »

I just found the thread and just joined, so hello everyone.
We are the music makers,
And we are the dreamers of dreams
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

hello blue lantern guy !!

I'm selling a barely used Tiptop BD808 kick drum module if anyone is interested
£60 plus postage.

nothing wrong with it, just buying a Jomox modbase 09 and need the cash

SOLD
helloitsmeagain
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by helloitsmeagain »

so, i've had an account here forever but never really used the forum. i guess i found other places that i preferred but now i'm here cause i'm a total fan boy of steevio! a friend mentioned you hang here, so here i am.

some brief introduction: I came from a history of dj'in deep house on a heavy jazz tip. i did it for a few years back in south africa but when i moved to china i stopped. not much appreciation for the genre outside of pretentious expat clubs and i was worried the government would just confiscate my vinyl on the way in. it had happened to others… so instead of wasting my life in front of a tv, i started getting into production about 3 years ago.

i knew nothing about music. i'd played drums in a anarcho-grindcore band back when i was 16, but that doesn't count... so i had to start from the ground up. i love learning new things. i love the personal challenge. dealing with disappointment, overcoming difficulties. making discoveries. growing. for me music is about me developing myself as a person as much as it is about sound.

i got into euro early last year. mostly cause i hated making music on a computer. i wanted to play an instrument again, and modulars feel like that more than ableton does! though i still rely on ITB FX, for the most part my time is spent twiddling knobs.

Anyway, I'm gonna spend the day reading this thread from post one. Just wanted to say hi!

Ltr
renato

edit: thought it might be worth sharing a pic of my system. so if anyone has any questions about any of the modules, just ask.

[img][img=http://s28.postimg.org/fndb7kz3t/modulargrid_50255.jpg][/img]
helloitsmeagain
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by helloitsmeagain »

damn, has steevio left?

ok, so i read the 74 pages. though i did skip the definition of improvised and a few other posts... ;)

i wanna drag up a really old topic. steevio, you talked about stackables and how they made multiples obsolete. i don't fully agree. i have a pile of stackables and do use them but if you have a cv source you'd like to use across oscillators to control pitch, you will need a buffered multiple else you gonna get variations you don't want.

i also wanna say that all my sequencing is done via a cirklon. and steevio's post on page one about his sequencing methodology made me so sad because it i can't even try it out. hmmm. working ass backwards, now that i've filled 12U, i'm thinking about what i'd do differently if i were to start all over again... is it time to get on muff's BST?
steevio wrote:i use trigger delays instead, so instead of delaying audio, i delay the sequences and triggers, that way you can have your delays do anything you want instead of just repeating the audio, so your delays can morph into other sounds or trigger whole delayed sequences.
not sure i get this. are there isolated audio samples or patch illustrations anyone can show me?

ok, so i'm off to that other thread modular now. ltr.