modular etc etc

- ask away
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: modular etc etc

Post by steevio »

on another topic John,
there was a very long thread about modular synthesis on here (mnml) before this one, and i tried to search it but couldnt find it. there was a lot of good information in there for people starting up, it was quite an indepth thread. maybe as moderator you can find it and post it up..?
its a shame that info is lost.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

ive decided to move on from the forum after almost 8 years, nothing left for me here now, and my contributions more often than not wind people up now, rather than help anyone.
i hope someone got something out of all my eccentric methods, i certainly valued some of the contributions from members past and present,

i wish everyone the best, and good luck with all your projects, it was good fun while it lasted. :)
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

when they upgraded and converted to the new php version everything didn't covert over..
however ... you can still dig it up...going back page by pages based on the year of the post..

any idea, if you had to guess.. what year the thread was... ? I agree it should be brought back...
let's find it, and thank you for the suggestion...
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

steevio wrote:nothing left for me here now,
have you mastered the universe..? j/king.. no need to be so serious... man.. I hope you don't take things too personal. good conversation is needed here and always encouraged. having a different opinion and input makes the world go round..

:-flower
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

John Clees wrote:
steevio wrote:nothing left for me here now,
have you mastered the universe..? j/king.. no need to be so serious... man.. I hope you don't take things too personal. good conversation is needed here and always encouraged. having a different opinion and input makes the world go round..

:-flower
no its nothing personal mate, its just that there doesnt seem to be much conversation in the main part of the forum thats actually about production techniques anymore, just a lot of angst, slagging off of artists, and trolling.

like a good friend of mine put it 'there's a low signal to noise ratio on mnml.nl these days'

its a bit sad to be honest, i'm not just throwing my dummy out of the pram, i just find it tedious everytime i try to get involved in any conversations on the forum. maybe i'm as much to blame for being so passionate about doing things differently to the accepted norms of production.

i question everything, i always have, not just in terms of music production, dont get me started on Democracy haha ! and it seems to wind people up.

i think ive had a good innings, ive learned a lot and i hope ive helped some people, nowadays i just dont have the time, i need to be in my studio without distractions.

peace
:)
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

facebook has effect all forums in a huge way. there is no mnml app on all phones.... ha.
either way things still serve as there purpose. things go in motion, as the season's change..

what year to you think that thread was started and/or what was the topic name.. ? I suppose I could dig through all your post and find it too... do you know the author name and/or the thread title? and/or how long ago you posted in there?
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

i wanted to talk shite about modular but that old thread was a bit haunted and long and thought it might be nice to start a new one
was the quote describing the old one... still looking for it tho.. :)
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

yeah i dont know what oblio meant by 'haunted', i think it was because there was a general negative attitude toward modular ( as there still is now from the trolls ) on the forum back then so it had an element of the modular guys trying to justify why they were going modular against the 'its all just bleeps and bloops' brigade. however there was also a lot of information and lively discussion,

i started the thread just before i started with modular around December 2010 (oops 2009 it was)(i think, give or take a few months) when as far as i know no-one on the forum had any modular gear, which of course is not the case now, and there are various people who have just started with it recently who might benefit from some of the info, thats why i brought the issue up.

i think it was just called Modular Synthesis.

i have been trying to find it, but with no luck so far.
Last edited by steevio on Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.