doepfer dark energy problem

- ask away
kdgh
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: doepfer dark energy problem

Post by kdgh »

did you put the midi cable in the correct in/out-puts!?

keyboard -> midi out
doepfer -> midi in
isaaclevy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by isaaclevy »

learn button?
mehta
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mehta »

I think that I am using the correct power adapter although it is just a generic one. it came with a generic adapter but with a 230v input and 12v output - mine is 110v for the n.a. electrical system but also a 12v output (ac). the unit powers up fine and the lights respond as they should

I am using a cv keyboard, never really used midi to be honest. even without a keyboard input the filter should be able to self-oscillate and the vco should generate a tone, right? I have also tried using ext audio in and nothing comes from the audio output

thanks for all the responses everyone! hopefully I am just doing something wrong here
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

You never know... I picked up a new vermona monolancet and a new mbase11. The monolancet had its second square wave malfunctioning(no sound). And the mbase11 potentiometer was busted. After sometime there isnt much u can do, but I would contact your retail company ASAP to let them know u are experiencing some problems.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

hydrogen wrote:..........I would contact your retail company ASAP to let them know u are experiencing some problems.
+100000, shops CAN be a pain in the ass with stuff like this.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

mehta wrote:I think that I am using the correct power adapter although it is just a generic one. it came with a generic adapter but with a 230v input and 12v output - mine is 110v for the n.a. electrical system but also a 12v output (ac). the unit powers up fine and the lights respond as they should

I am using a cv keyboard, never really used midi to be honest. even without a keyboard input the filter should be able to self-oscillate and the vco should generate a tone, right? I have also tried using ext audio in and nothing comes from the audio output

thanks for all the responses everyone! hopefully I am just doing something wrong here
ok ive checked out the layout of the module version, and i didnt realise there was no VCO output, so the question i asked you before was pointless.

its an analogue synth so it needs a gate to operate the ADSR, so if you ignore the midi for a moment, you could provide a gate by sending a square wave LFO signal to the gate input.,,so take a patch cord and plug it from LFO1 out to ADSR gate IN with SQ wave LFO

next turn the attack to zero and the decay to full, set the LFO speed so that the LEDis alternating between green(or yellow) and red at a steady speed and open your filter up to fully open, and the VCA modulation to full as well.
maybe set all other controls to centre.

(check your lead from the output to your monitoring device works by using another sound source first).

if your DE makes no sound now, i reckon its back to the shop.
this test will show if the DE is functioning as an analogue synth without midi.

like the other guys say, its best to return it as soon as possible, however you may as well do these tests before you do, it will take 2 minutes.
if you do get a sound, then you can start looking at the midi side of things, - btw have you read your manual from cover to cover !
Last edited by steevio on Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Audio Dependent
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Audio Dependent »

make sure the VCA amp is up, the filter freq is open full, the pulse width is in the middle somewhere. you'll be bypassing the adsr and lfos so they don't matter but set everything else to zero. if you don't you here anything then you have a problem...
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

yes audio dependant is right, this will prove the VCO, VCF, and VCA are working.

i was just trying to test the whole thing in one go.