gear + dust

- ask away
tsankip
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: gear + dust

Post by tsankip »

Haven't got anything sitting in the corner, but wouldn't mind getting hold of a TR-808. But then again I think I'd rather save up a bit more and get a Moog Voyager.

Or save up shitloads and get a TR-808 & Voyager :lol:
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

tsankip wrote:Haven't got anything sitting in the corner, but wouldn't mind getting hold of a TR-808. But then again I think I'd rather save up a bit more and get a Moog Voyager.

Or save up shitloads and get a TR-808 & Voyager :lol:
Lol, I don't think any of us would mind getting our hands on an 808. But the prices?! Seriously?
Only for the CPU to fail at some point then you have a brick!
I think it would be much better to get the Tiptop modules when they come out, or at least a recent drum machine. It will probably last longer!

The Voyager I have to agree with tho.
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

michaellpenman wrote:
lem wrote:You don't know how much I got for it!

I just wasn't using it anymore, its a sad thing for such a fine instrument to be sat there not being used. Its a phase thing, if I had it now I would probably be using it, but at the time I hadn't used it for about a year.

To be quite honest I don't miss it, I can do everything I want without it.

wait you had a 909 and where not using it????

lol are you mental .....

what did you buy with the cash? G4, G5 ETC
G4, G5?
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

Here what's gathering dust the most atm is NI Maschine. Mostly because i haven't had time to learn it properly, and because of the lack of integration with my daw. Might see much more use now that i've moved OTB.

There's also a matrix1000 and a m1r that are in a rack that should deserve more attention. Time shall tell.
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

Opuswerk wrote:Here what's gathering dust the most atm is NI Maschine. Mostly because i haven't had time to learn it properly, and because of the lack of integration with my daw. Might see much more use now that i've moved OTB.
I do a lot of machine type stuff with Ableton. The daw integration is one of the things that put me off.
Opuswerk wrote: There's also a matrix1000 and a m1r that are in a rack that should deserve more attention. Time shall tell.
some of the sounds of the matrix are really nice, wish i had bought one when they were going for £150. must be great for vintage style pads.
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

michaellpenman wrote:
lem wrote:You don't know how much I got for it!

I just wasn't using it anymore, its a sad thing for such a fine instrument to be sat there not being used. Its a phase thing, if I had it now I would probably be using it, but at the time I hadn't used it for about a year.

To be quite honest I don't miss it, I can do everything I want without it.

wait you had a 909 and where not using it????

lol are you mental .....

what did you buy with the cash? G4, G5 ETC
i had used it for years, why don't you ask steevio why he doesnt use his?
i still really want to know what a G4 or G5 is tho!
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

lem wrote: Funny how there are two 2nd gen DSI products already. I have always been tempted by one but I am not a big fan of DCO's. Although I haven't played a Juno which I always perceive to have the best DCO sound.
To be fair, it's only collecting dust because my modular has taken over almost all synth duties. I did turn it on over the weekend though. Whether or not you like the sound (which I do), it has a unique sound. A bit of a pain to program though.
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

lem wrote: i still really want to know what a G4 or G5 is tho!
I think he was referring to an Apple Mac Pro.