increasing creativity........ without lsd -_-

- open
hnrk303
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

increasing creativity........ without lsd -_-

Post by hnrk303 »

hi,

i recently got into autogenic training again. i have had some lessons like 8 years ago or so and now rediscovered it. so while getting into autogenic training i read about general goals of at. besides of dealing with stress and difficult situation i found a study + various authors who suggests that at and other forms of meditation lead to increasements in creativity and ability in general.

so i am curios if any of you have experiences in creativity enhancement with the help of mental traing in any way and what your experiences were.

peace -boom
smte
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: increasing creativity........ without lsd -_-

Post by smte »

i've no idea what autogenic training is, but i am familiar with 'The book of secrets' by Osho, which explains a sh!t load of tantric meditative techniques. i've practised only a few of them (I think he describes 112 meditations) but they do seem to cleanse a lot of negativity. i would argue (*) also expands your awareness in a similar way if you use with a true motive, and take your thought patterns with a pinch of salt! in my experience there are some heavy stoners who think the universe is happening to them and therefore limit the potential you can take from a good smoke!

i would think that meditation would not directly enhance your creative capacity, that's not really a tangible thing and certainly not something you're owed through 'training', but in terms of producing anything physical it's a tool, as most of these inner explorations are! interesting subject, i wonder if many edm producers dabble in meditation
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

Without a doubt meditation will help with creativity. A quiet mind invites inspiration and ideas will come to you more freely. It's important to know that the drugs in themselves don't add anything to you but simply remove the blocks so you can experience your true self. Daily meditation has countless benefits.

I spent 10 days at a silent retreat in Thailand not so long ago. It was at a forest, Buddhist monastery and we were given detailed instructions on a daily basis by the monks on how to meditate or to put it another way, quiet the mind. After a few days I noted an increase in clear, creative ideas. They would come spontaneously, fully formed ideas in areas I'd never even thought about before. Not just musically but in many areas of life. Better than any LSD trip I ever had ;)

I have to ask though, what is "autogenic training" ?
hnrk303
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by hnrk303 »

@del

sounds interesting. for how long have you been meditating? how did you work your way into it? and how often do you meditate?

well autogenic training involves simple relaxation and body awareness exercises. These reduce the intensity of the body's stress response, and replace it with a calmer physiological state in which self-healing naturally begins to occur.

The basic AT exercises focus on various physical manifestations of relaxation in the body: heaviness in the musculo-skeletal system and warmth in the circulatory system (*). These are followed by awareness of the heartbeat, breathing, the abdomen and a cool forehead.

Advanced AT excercises contain visualisations of object like boxes, triangles etc.

Its said that it takes like a year to learn it.
sleepy7
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by sleepy7 »

when i meditate, i levitate (*)
Luis Isaac
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Luis Isaac »

Writing music can be something really stressful. A few years ago I got mad after two or three working hours. Need a good workflow to release the energy that you accumulate as you work. It's good to do some yoga or sports after music session. It is also a good advice to plan your daily responsibilities and needs so the time you are at the studio you are settled and clear mind.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

sleepy7 wrote:when i meditate, i levitate (*)
same here :)
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
hnrk303
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by hnrk303 »

i think its a good idea to make shorter music sessions, like 40 minutes -> go to meditate, AT or whatever for like 10 min and go back to music for 40 min and so forth